Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSL Bandwidth Monitor

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
    Ah, so it came up with that "monthly total"? Are you involved in that process in any way (i.e., perhaps it reset the counter when you started taking measurements so the month ended with just those 5 days tabulated)

Even if you ignore the actual numbers (because you have no real way of knowing if they are "exact"), it will give you a feel for whether the number make ANY sense ("Why is so much traffic being reported on this desktop system? I rarely use it for much on-line! Perhaps there's some malware using it as a relay for the Kremlin??" )
    hehehehehe..

Yea, I figured my best option would be to let the Traffic Monitor do it's thing for a few days and then check the numbers..

Thanx for the reply

Comment

Re: DSL Bandwidth Monitor

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
      I am going to put in MERLIN firmware in the ASUS on Monday and then do a recheck of the stats...

The MERLIN firmware also has the ability to track usage via IP so that should help track down the heavy users..
      Just be aware your router is no longer being supported with updates and patches according to

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

The following models are no longer officially supported:

RT-N16
      RT-N66U
      RT-AC66U

dd-wrt has a beta

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv...8-2018-r36410/

I haven't used dd-wrt in a long time and switched to openwrt/lede. I just upgraded my router to 18.06 yesterday.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
      X