Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony KDL-46EX640 won't turn on, 5 blinks on standby light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-46EX640 won't turn on, 5 blinks on standby light.

I think I may know what's going on and I don't know why I didn't see this before but when hitting power button, when POWER ON goes high momentarily, BL-ERR is going to 3.3V as well, which would explain 5 blink code, not T-Con problem but a panel issue.

The thing is I've tested backlights with back light tester and can force PS on with POWER ON and BL-ON and seems normal.

Comment

On e-bay there are 'used' Main Bd. (I checked) they are supposedly from TVs with broken screen. I buy ALL my boards off e-bay and have had no problems thus far. They are reasonably priced. Yes I do think it is a Main Bd. issue.

Comment

What about the BL-ERR?

Comment

Well the backlights came on and stayed on when you tested the PSU so I think a Main Bd will fix your TV.

Comment

Where are you seeing used boards for this model?

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
            On e-bay there are 'used' Main Bd. (I checked) they are supposedly from TVs with broken screen. I buy ALL my boards off e-bay and have had no problems thus far. They are reasonably priced. Yes I do think it is a Main Bd. issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
              Ya not spending that much on an older 46", not worth it.. thanks for looking though..

Budm as for the PANEL ERR#:

On initial plug in to AC and/or each time power button is pressed, pin goes to 0.872V, then drops quickly back to 0V.

The same thing happens if I disconnect CN4002 (the other LVDS connector), or either one or both of the ribbons going to the panel.

With the T-Con completely disconnected from main board, PANEL ERR# goes to 3.3V immediately.

Not sure what to make of that voltage reading whether it should be low or high..

I tried grounding out the 3.3V PANEL ERR# pin with the T-Con disconnected, same 5 blinks.
              I hear ya, I wouldn't pay half that for it.

Comment

OK so this was the board I saw. I didn't realise till now the others I see are saying defective for 27.00USD
                Attached Files

Comment

Any clue what triggers the panel_err this is really I can find about this..
                  Attached Files

Comment

you might check this thread AND the suggestion by davi.p

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=69505&page=2

Comment

Follow up on this one, got another main board and fixed it.

Neither the BL-ERR or PANEL-ERR voltages changed from before, so it was just a main board false error. Maybe EEPROM?

Toshiba TC58NVG2S3ETA10

Oh well giving up on this one, not worth the trouble..
                      Last edited by kevinm34232; 05-29-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. So it WAS a faulty Main Bd. after all.

Comment

Working...
                        X