Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung E2220W 2 second to black problem

Dear Hive!

First of all, i am really happy that i found this knowledge-base about electronics. Really good source of info. Altough i am looking for some help.
    Recently i got 2 pieces of Samsung e2220w monitors, to make one good out of them. unfortunately the 2 monitors has 2 different kind of power supply boards.
    Both of them gives 2 sec to black issue. i will make another post about the second one.

Number one:

This is an ILPI-227 REV. A board.

This is how far i got:

On the 100uF 450V cap i measure 330V DC (seems correct)
    The caps are not bulging, no visible defect.
    Measured the Caps, all of them is close to the marked capacitance
    ESR`s are around .17-.40 ohm (not sure about how much it should be)
    Checked inverter transformers. all of the secondaries are giving me the same resistance (around 960 ohms)
    Took off the MOSFET , gave a diode test, i measured around 680ohms from pin 1 to pin 2 None of the other pins or other directions gave me any other value. I attached a pic about the measuring of the MOSFET.

I tried with both the lcd screens, same effect. (i am not sure how to check ccfl`s if they are broken or not) tried with both the t-con boards, same effect.

Kind of stuck here. solder job is pretty coldish, some corrosion was found, but not significant.
    Anybody has any info on this one? if i am not detailed enough, let me know please.

Cheers: Titus
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung E2220W 2 second to black problem

You could try unpluging all the lamps, then just plug in one, the lamp should light for a second and go out. try each lamp to make sure you don't have a faulty ccfl lamp.
    The fet is ok, if it was bad the power supply would not work at all.
    Its hard to tell by the picture but check the solder connections on the stand up module (CN505), some don't look that good.
    Last edited by R_J; 04-13-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Re: Samsung E2220W 2 second to black problem

Looks like most of the pins on that stand up board need to be resoldered.

Comment

Working...
      X