Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behringer Zmx2600

Greetings
    I have this multizone mixer that after a strong lightning bolt has not turned on anymore, as you can see from the photos I have disassembled it and on the power supply everything looks ok, the fuse has not blown and there is no sign of burning, such as you can see in the picture the mixer is composed of two parts, the one where there is the power supply and all the input and output connectors and the front one where there are the various volume adjustments, the two parts are connected to each other by the cable of the 'power supply and from the three connectors, I realized that by connecting the first two connectors (the ones closest to the power supply) with the last connector disconnected, the mixer turns on, when I connect the last total darkness, on the output power connector I have 3 pins, testing the voltages I have +15 volts (on ground and central pin) and - 14.888 volts (on ground and side pin), trying to measure again when it is energized but does not turn on these values are zeroed. What do you tell me? Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Behringer Zmx2600

do you mean the audio connectors, if you plug in, it turns on? so you have a mechanical problem? Did you look for problems on the other side of the board?

Comment

not the audio connectors, if you look at the photos you will see that there are three white flat type connectors, I'm talking about those

Comment

don't know, could be a short on the other half (what/s on it?) or the audio connector board, or the PSU is giving up too early...need to collect more info...

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
          don't know, could be a short on the other half (what/s on it?) or the audio connector board, or the PSU is giving up too early...need to collect more info...
          I disassembled half of the audio connectors, and there are operational amplifiers every two xlrs both on the in and out, the offending connector that turns off the unit immediately goes to the xlr input connectors where we have the first 4580r and so on, it could be the one in short? is there any way to test it?

Comment

I did some other tests, I identified the pins on the offending connector that carry the voltage to the connector section, the voltage arrives at the connector exactly as it starts + 15 volts and - 14.8 volts so the problem is probably on the connector section where there are the opamps

Comment

for the psu to shut down, there is a dead short somewhere. Take it apart and make another picture.

Comment

For the moment I am on standby because my customer does not want to repair it but buy another new one, if he changes his mind and I have to continue the repair I will put more photos thanks for the moment

Comment

Working...
                X