Boards Repairs - PTS Electronics inc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boards Repairs - PTS Electronics inc

Looks like Moduslink PTS has resurfaced as PTS Electronics inc.

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

Website is pretty much the same just brushed up with the new details, will be interesting to see what tweaks are made if any , pricing etc as it appears it's the same as what it was before it shutdown.

Re: Boards Repairs - PTS Electronics inc

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    Looks like Moduslink PTS has resurfaced as PTS Electronics inc.

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

Website is pretty much the same just brushed up with the new details, will be interesting to see what tweaks are made if any , pricing etc as it appears it's the same as what it was before it shutdown.
    What did you mean by that? Were they a bad company "before they shutdown"? I was thinking of sending a Vizio power supply board to them for repair later this week, is that maybe not a good idea?

Comment

I don't know how you get on tw2005 but the board sellers I see here are asking ridiculous prices e.g $216 for a plasma main board for a set 9 years old when I can buy the same set working for $50/60. And similarly $100 plus post at least $20 for a board for set I sell at $80/90. They will have a lot of landfill one day as those sets are on their last legs now and new TV prices are getting lower by the week - rubbish sets I know but if you get 2/3 years from them then cheap entertainment.it was 3 years ago that I got new a 50" TCL $395 with 3 years warranty - no problems so can't complain.

Comment

Someone posted a 63inch samsung 7000 series plasma with cracked screen for $25. I didnt feel like bothering to part it out and post it in ebay. But if anyone needs parts its in norcal. I think they even listed it on ebay.
        Disclaimer: Don't trust a thing I say-I am frequently wrong!!!

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

Some of the things I've fixed:
        60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Originally posted by kick7 View Post
          What did you mean by that? Were they a bad company "before they shutdown"? I was thinking of sending a Vizio power supply board to them for repair later this week, is that maybe not a good idea?
          I think simple case of the business being closed then sold to someone new and back in business. Good news for you US folk I think

Comment

Working...
          X