Rca picture in half??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca picture in half??

RCA LED55C55R120Q picture is backwards(left side and right side swapped?)otherwise has clear picture. I have attached pics .If you look closely there is a thin line dead center of screen . HELP!!
    Attached Files

Re: Rca picture in half??

Mainboard issue. Possible eeprom related.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Has it been worked on?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

main board from another size set?

Comment

Replaced led strips. swapped all boards ,Is there an eeprom update? Can the screen layers cause a problerm? Thanks for the input!

Comment

Are ribbon cables to panel correct?

Comment

Seems to be connected properly

Comment

Got pictures of back of tv?

Comment

Here they are??
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is there a firmware upgrade for this TV??

Comment

Pssh!

Its the fricken Zebra cable connecting the very last wire to the LCD panel-The thin cable soldered directly to the glass panel.

Try pushing lightly on the plastic bezel under the missing line. Does it get better?

Try pushing lightly on the LCD panel. Does it get worse?

You'll probably have to actually lay it on its back and remove the bezel around the screen, then push very lightly on the very thin and delicate flat cable connecting the TConn to the LCD. A rubber eraser may be helpful. If it goes away then the solder joints have separated. The only way to fix it is to use a hot air gun or soldering iron to reattach them while pushing down lightly, gently and carefully(basically on the edge of the glass!). Silicon would be helpful here.

This sort of job is best left to an experienced professional. the manufacturer uses a long tool that pushes down and heats up the solder.
                      Last edited by NeedsMoreFlux; 11-30-2017, 07:13 AM.
                      Disclaimer: Don't trust a thing I say-I am frequently wrong!!!

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

Some of the things I've fixed:
                      60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Originally posted by parkerc View Post
                        Here they are??
                        :-))))
                        I think the "other guy" was asking for pictures of the back of the set WITH the back cover removed.... :-) so he can see what's happening with the cabling.

Comment

Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNf81Z-i1FE

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Oh, HAHAHAHA. NEVERMIND! I should have clicked on the photos. I thought it was just a black line!

LOL. DON'T LISTEN TO ME!!!

Comment

kinda looks looks like the transmission is set to sbs 3d mode... are you sure the lcd panel tcon cables werent installed backwards somehow?? that or its set to a different panel type in diagnostics.those rca branded sets use the same main baord numbers for many different model tvs with different firmware and sometimes hardware... I had a 50" I repaired give me grief because a seller of the replacement mainboard made and assumption and sold me the wrong board.... you have to be sure the serial number range matches the part number for the board and not just the number printed on the board itself.
                              Last edited by augiedoggy; 11-30-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerc View Post
                                Here they are??
                                Is this a joke? Come on man these pictures are useless.. You didnt even get the model number it the one legible pic...

Comment

???????:

Comment

In order to properly diagnose your TV we need clear pictures of each board in the back of the set which means removing the back cover. We need good clear pictures of mainboard LVDS cable, tcon board including cable connections going into the LCD panel itself. This could be a fault with the LVDS cable or the tcon board or the main board sending the output signals into the tcon to the LCD panel
                                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Working...
                                    X