HP-t5054 Samsung No picture no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP-t5054 Samsung No picture no sound

Hi all i'm stumped on a plasma. So i have no picture no sound, but i checked out power supply and all voltages seems fine. Now I do know the Ysus was screwed and bought one off ebay thinking it would solve problem, but no luck. Checked buffer boards no shorts and diode check of buffers looked good.

Plugged in tv, disconnected ysus first, nothing on screen no menu no nothing, next plugged Ysus back and unplugged X board, nothing on screen no menu no nothing. Next unplugged both, nothing on screen no menu no nothing.

Also, when I plug the tv in I don't hear hear the sumsung welcome/turn on sound, now I have no idea if this tv would give you that sound or not, or if someone could turn off the welcome/turn on sound.

Logic board led blinks normal.

The other thing is if the tv was previously set to HDMI with a direct tv box, if I dont have the box connected would I even have sound at all? I tried the source button on the side of the tv & remote, hoping to switch to antenna, but I can't see anything on the screen so tough to tell if I'm pressing enought to select antenna. The other thing is I looked in the owners manual, and I can't tell if I hit the source button and land on antenna do I have to hit an up down button to actually select it.

Needless to say I'm stumped and any help would be appreciated.

Re: HP-t5054 Samsung No picture no sound

Comment

what voltages do you have on vs, va, vsc, ve etc-
      also list panel label values for such.
      pics of the back of the tv too,
      thanks.
      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

These things are known for the upper y buffer blowing the top ic and taking out the ysus board in the process. Shitty design, but fixable if you can get buffer board repaired, or find on to replace. Then you have to repair the ysus board. Not a fun task I can say. I avoid this model number and the other hp-t series.

Comment

Here is the back panel label.

Also some more notes of what I tested and results.

Disconnected all boards, plugged in power supply heard one click, unplugged heard a click.

Next, plugged in all boards (left the buffers unplugged from Ysus board though because some have said if Ysus is bad it could damage the y buffers) anyways, heard one click with plug in one click when plug removed. Black screen.

Next, Unplugged on by one board and turned tv on and off each time, no screen display.

Next, all my voltages as they are written on the power board all seem to be produced by the board.

I found Ve test point on the X board and the label says it should be 92Vdc, and that is what the power supply is pushing out, but the X board Ve test pint states 126Vdc.

As far as the Vsc (-190Vdc) I can't find what that board is on.

Tested the y buffer boards and they test good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reeceyburger123 View Post
              +1 .
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Hi all I tried doing the 3-4 jumper on the logic board to see if I can get test patterns, but got nothing.

Comment

TVTimmy I went through my buffer boards and I did not find anything that is grounded. Also did it in diode mode, looked good.

Lets say the Ysus is damaged, if i unplug it shouldn't I at least get some picture from the X board?

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                    +1 .
                    I decided to delete my raging comment OP might of gotten a little but hurt so just not going to say anything
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

LOL thought you were referring to post 2

Comment

If it was for post 2, I tried posting from my phone and it became to long, I saw that I could not delete the post without putting a character in the field

Comment

No worries just joking around. Been a few I wish I could have deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladiatorx View Post
                            Lets say the Ysus is damaged, if i unplug it shouldn't I at least get some picture from the X board?
                            you will get no picture at all.
                            if buffer is not working = no picture
                            if y-sus is not working = no picture
                            if x= sus is not working = no picture
                            if control board is not working = no picture
                            if main board is not working = no picture

as you can see, voltage measurements are the only way to what board is creating your issue.
                            so start disconnecting boards one by one, check the main voltages and see which board is taking your voltages away.

if you don't do this, reece will leave another dot in the comments and we don't want that.

WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Unplug the buffers from the ysus and power the set up. Is there a green led lit on the ysus ? Green light means fault condition and ysus will need to be repaired or replaced.
                              Last edited by mmartell; 06-07-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Attain: Removed each of the boards and no picture or screen glow.

Mmartell: Yes Ysus did have a green light. Disconnected the sustain boards still green light on Ysus.

Here is something interesting. VE on X board was higher than 91V it was 126v.

VScon on Y board did not exist, yet fuses were good and it was getting 205v, and it was getting other volatges on the board.

I disconnected the logic board ribbon cable from X board and Ve came right back to 91v.

Disconnected ribbon cable from ysus board and volatges came back in line with panel sticker to -190.

Comment

Like I said, green led means you have a faulty ysus. Repair or replace.

Comment

Thanks MMartell,

My only concern with spending money on a Ysus, is why I can't even get a test pattern on the screen when it's disconnected.

Here is the other thing I found:

Disconnected the ribbons from the X. You can see in the pic there are 3 coming off the board. First only disconnected those. No change to Ve it was up at 126.

Then disconnected the top ribbon which is connected from the x board via a small cable it dropped Ve to about 108ve, Then I disconnected the bottom one which also has a smal cable going to it from the x board, and VE went to 92 Vdc which is what it should be at.

Comment

Re-read post #14. Then read it again. I'm going all caps now.
                                      BAD BOARDS MEAN NO PICTURE. THEY ALL WORK IN TANDEM. ONLY WAY TO GET A TEST PATTERN IS WITH ALL BOARDS WORKING. NOW IF YOU BUY A NEW YMAIN AND CONNECT A BAD BUFFER BOARD TO IT, POP GOES THE NEW YMAIN BOARD. AND NO PICTURE.

Comment

Ok thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                                        X