Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394

I received this board from a co-worker to recap. The board had been in service for a couple of years, and one day, wouldn't POST. Calls to Tech Support ended up with him resetting the BIOS, which allowed it to boot for a few days, then the same thing again (no POST). Tech Support then "diagnosed" bad capacitors (over the phone, without seeing the board). This is an unusual board, with a Main and a Backup BIOS. Both are soldered directly onto the board, not socketed.

I've inspected the board, and there is no visible sign of bad capacitors. The board has a daughterboard with several VRMs and caps on it. Most of the large caps on the motherboard, and all on the daughterboard, are on the "good" list: Sanyo WG, Chemi-con KZG, Panasonic FJ. However, there are:
    19 Nichicon HM(M) 1000uF, 6.3V (scattered all over the board)
    10 Teapo 100uF, 10V (scattered all over the board)
    2 G-Luxon 22uF, 16V

I'm planning on doing a complete re-capping, but wonder what everyone else thinks. Replace just the potentially troublesome ones, or do them all?

Re: Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394

i think you would get away with doing just the nichicon
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Re: Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394

and teapo and g-luxon if they have vents... I've seen the little 100uf ones pop just like all the others...

--Randy

Comment

Working...
      X