Intel DG965RY power on every time main AC power connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intel DG965RY power on every time main AC power connected

That chip is the main I/O controller for most of the board.
    Unfortunately if that is shot the board pretty much is too.
    They can be replaced if you are VERY VERY good at soldering [or have the fancy expensive tools] but I think you'll find it's easier, faster, and probably less expensive to replace the board.
    [Just finding a new chip can be a major project sometimes and they aren't always cheap.]
    I don't even try to fix those unless I have a good replacement chip on an otherwise dead board in the scraps box.
    Looks like it took a voltage spike or had an excessive current problem.
    Could have been from bad caps, bad PSU, disconnecting something with power applied, or some voltage regulator chip failed.
    I'm sure that's the last thing you want to hear after you have all that work into it.
    Here's the data sheet for that chip.
    Attached Files
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

I've replace most of the caps with poly, including the 10V D6,3mm. Now i just have to test it for several days to make sure that the problem has been solved, which i doubt. I also see a toasted path on the back side of the PCB.

This board does has alot of problem but for now it seems to run faster and more stable, hasn't crashed or reboot suddenly after complete recap. We'll see the outcome in a week. Next time i'll be more thorough when inspecting physical failure sign.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by HexaPro; 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

That's the right way to think.
        You -LEARNED- so now you are a better tech.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Hi PCBONEZ,I have tested the mainboard for a week now and I just want to update the result of this Intel mainboard.

Although the mainboard has a burned I/O chip and also a broken circuit line, the mainboard in fact is running flawlessly and faster than before
          The previous BSOD error (Hard error and Memory dump) are caused by a faulty Hard Drive
          I have test the board with other Hard Drive for almost a week now and it's running perfectly, never encounter any BSOD, hang or sudden reboot. It's rather weird huh?
          But I'm really glad about it. So that also means that my Poly Mod are successful Thank you very much for all the forum members that helped me with this

Comment

Congrats!

-

- Dr Seuss
            -
            -

Comment

Working...
            X