Do you got Evercon datasheets ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you got Evercon datasheets ?

I got a new project - a Dlink DGL 4300 with low quality caps and I want to replace all of them.

I got datasheets for the Taepos and CapXon but not for the Evercons.

Evercon 470µ 25V 1Stk 105 E60A 10x12
    Evercon 100µ 16V 5stk 105 E69B 6x8
    Evercon 100µ 16V 1stk 105 E69F 6x11

Starting with the 470uF Evercon

100uF 6x8

100uF 6x11

Do you get datasheets for these ? can you send them to me ?

Thanks

Re: Do you got Evercon datasheets ?

Unfortunately the Evercon website has been inactive for some time, so downloading the datasheets there is not possible.

I have checked on WebArchive and can't find anything there either.

Someone should be able to suggest a good series to replace those capacitors with, though.
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Yes I noticed that - tried to google for their datasheets but had no go.
      I also had a look at The Wayback Machine - could not find anything.

Comment

Apparently GSC, Evercon, Sacon, Capsun, Samwha, SamYoung.. are all the same thing

However, the series names are different for each brand, so while one of the datasheets from the other brand should be a match, you don't know which one.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

samyoung is gsc?

i have a board with samyoung... better recap it!
          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
            samyoung is gsc?
            According to what PCBONEZ found, yes
            (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4341)
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Even if you could find datasheets, would you believe them? These guys produce
              crappy caps in non-standard can sizes. I would think Panasonic FM, or Panasonic FC, or Ruby MBZ or MCZ, or almost any general purpose 105C cap from any of the major manufacturers would be a huge improvement over any Evercon/GSC or whatever they call themselves now.

Comment

You don't have to believe them.

If the manufacturer (In this case, D-Link) believed them, then they would be chosen to fit the circuit design.

Therefore, any decent capacitor matching the specifications (or better) should work just fine, as those are the specifications the D-Link engineers would have been expecting of the capacitors.
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Now that we're on the topic of this defunct manufacturer, I have a "GSC" cap, which uses a similar namesake to this Evercon cap, and I would love to know it's official specification:

"E5NK", 16V 470uF.
                  Attached Files
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I would love to know too.. But I've looked and looked and I just can't find a damn thing
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Well, I have managed to find these datasheets for the GSC LE and RE series. Not sure it helps anyone though...
                      Attached Files
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Anyone know what series the Evercons are ?

E69B, E60A are date codes right ?

@Agent24
                        Those Gsc datasheets I will keep for future problems - Thanks

Comment

How can I check if my GSC cap is non-polar? I'm asking because I find two interesting references to an "NK" series capacitor one from Capxon and one from Jamicon, both of which are non polarized.

Is it possible to have a non-polar capacitor on a motherboard? Maybe for the sound subsystem? Though it is right next to the PCIe x16 port.
                          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                            Is it possible to have a non-polar capacitor on a motherboard?
                            Not likely. All i've seen have a large NP printed on them, and are significantly larger than a polarized cap of the same value (that's normal since they are two caps in one).
                            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                              samyoung is gsc?
                              No
                              Mann-Made Global Warming.
                              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                              -
                              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                              -

Comment

You're right. The dimensions are wrong. The Capxon NK is 10x16 and the Jamicon is 12.5x25. Mine is 8x11.5.

But still I can't help but wonder, the 330uF 6.3 Capxon NK is 8x11.5. If I had the datasheet for this motherboard, would it indicate whether a bipolar cap should be placed there?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                                  Apparently GSC, Evercon, Sacon, Capsun, Samwha, SamYoung.. are all the same thing
                                  No

GSC=Evercon=Sacon
                                  Not a manufacturer, just a distributor.
                                  They had their caps made elsewhere and had their name put on them.

Capsun was their OEM supplier. [The actual manufacturer.]
                                  Capsun supplies some other CH & TW brands as the OEM. [I think including some OST.]

SamYoung is Korean and not related to them other than distribution.
                                  Samwha is also not related to them other than distribution.

Joint ventures are usually just distribution networks.
                                  They don't make each others caps but they sell each others caps.
                                  Last edited by PCBONEZ; 12-07-2010, 03:33 PM.

-
                                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                  -

Comment

You think Capsun might have the spec sheets?

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                                      Is it possible to have a non-polar capacitor on a motherboard? Maybe for the sound subsystem? Though it is right next to the PCIe x16 port.
                                      The purpose of non-polar caps is to be able to take full rated voltage in either direction.

I haven't seen a situation on a mobo that needed that but that doesn't mean none exist.

If you can draw out the schematic for that section you should be able to figure out if the polarity can change direction.
                                      If it can't then you don't need a non-polar cap.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

Maybe.
                                        I'll find the link. It isn't straight forward.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

Working...
                                        X