Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where i can get fresh laptop batteries ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where i can get fresh laptop batteries ?

Hi all.

I am looking to buy 2 batteries for these laptops :

hp pavilion dv9500
    hp elitebook 8440p.

It doesnt matter if they are not originals as long as a good equivalent will work.

Re: Where i can get fresh laptop batteries ?

Ebay

Ohh I'm not sure if all sales will deliver to your country
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I buy them on ebay as well. The cheap chinese ones will provide reliable service for about ~2yrs, then die....but for the usual ~$19 shipped, you can't really complain versus the price of the OEM ones.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

As I've been repeating a lot lately, the market is filled with garbage batteries, not uncommon to get 2 (or even 3) bad batteries in a row, or that die after a few weeks of use, or come in with less than 70% capacity…
        But there's no way to reliably buy good batteries that I'm aware of. You have to take your luck on eBay/Aliexpress. If it works… good. If it doesn't, get a refund and try another seller. They'll probably send you a battery that come from the same factory, but it'll be easier to get multiple refunds from different sellers than from the same seller.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I appreciate your help.

I have found some sellers on aliexpress but they charge a lot for delivery dont know if its an error but they charge 1000 dollars for shipping.

What are the usual shipping facilities ?

I have also lost the actual elitebook battery , is the laptop model enough to choose the right battery ?
          Last edited by SistMaticZ; 09-20-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

i wonder if its easier to just open up the laptop battery casing and just replace the individual cells inside instead? if they use 18650 lithium cells or some other common form factor for lithium batteries, u can replace that instead and u can order and choose good cells from reliable sources. but im not sure if u have to keep the voltage and capacity the same as the original ones to avoid dmging the cells during charging or discharge(normal use).

as for charging 1000 dollars for shipping, i guess its their polite way of saying they dont ship to your country... try ebay instead... the laptop model should be enuff to get the right battery as most sellers list their batteries according to which laptop model it fits. e.g. most sellers would list their batteries as "hp dv9500 battery" or some such. easier for buyers to find what they want, dont u think?

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post

as for charging 1000 dollars for shipping, i guess its their polite way of saying they dont ship to your country... try ebay instead... the laptop model should be enuff to get the right battery as most sellers list their batteries according to which laptop model it fits. e.g. most sellers would list their batteries as "hp dv9500 battery" or some such. easier for buyers to find what they want, dont u think?
              hi and thanks for your suggestions.

I have unfortunately lost the battery itself.

I will see ebay or a chinese battery website since they all source from there.

I found tanch battery from hong kong btw. will see if i can get it all from them.

Comment

Originally posted by SistMaticZ View Post
                hi and thanks for your suggestions.

I have unfortunately lost the battery itself.

I will see ebay or a chinese battery website since they all source from there.

I found tanch battery from hong kong btw. will see if i can get it all from them.
                huge shipping is a trick to prevent you ordering when they are out of stock,
                if they said it was out of stock they would have to remove the item and re-list it later - at extra expense.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  huge shipping is a trick to prevent you ordering when they are out of stock,
                  if they said it was out of stock they would have to remove the item and re-list it later - at extra expense.
                  Yes the majority of battery sellers on ali express did that.

I guess i need to search more . Dont want to end up receiving nothing.

What would be a reasonable shipping price for my country Morocco ?

Comment

not sure, it depends.
                    does Morocco have a national postal service, or will the chinese have to use the scumbag-courior company's??

Comment

some sellers use DHL

Comment

well that's gonna cost!

Comment

I am searching other direct sellers .

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                            I buy them on ebay as well. The cheap chinese ones will provide reliable service for about ~2yrs, then die....but for the usual ~$19 shipped, you can't really complain versus the price of the OEM ones.
                            Hi mate i got your idea , and i have actually found a local seller nearby who sells them for 25 dollars lasting for 2 hours

And you are right market is full of friggin scams

Comment

Originally posted by SistMaticZ
                              Do you mean that website is a scam ?
                              probably not, but he's trying to sell you something,
                              check closely the country of the seller and the shipping method/costs.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                probably not, but he's trying to sell you something,
                                check closely the country of the seller and the shipping method/costs.
                                I have checked the website but they are charging 56 $ for the battery alone plus an extra 40 $ for shipping via fedex. And ill end up having a chinese battery that wont exeed 2 hours .

As i said before i ve just found the same chinese stuff nearby for 25 dollars .

This things are everywhere anyways.
                                Last edited by SistMaticZ; 09-26-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

you could try getting a used battery and replacing the cells - but that's a big gamble even opening them without damage.

Comment

thanks for your time everybody.

Comment

Hi again am original Op with new account .

Please can someone give me internal individual battry cell specs ??

Comment

Here's a good datasheet ..
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X