Replacement for MCZ 1800UF 6.3v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement for MCZ 1800UF 6.3v

I need replacement caps for the Rubycon 1800uf 6.3v 8X20mm MCZ....I found some posts here that claim the ncc HN series are good replacements.....but...

1) I can only find 10MM I need 7 of them mounted in series with about a .5 MM space between them....10's wont fit I'm afraid

2) the ripple on the HN is 2280 the MCZ is 2350

3) Digikey has an 800 limit on the HN....I only need 7

any thoughts?

Paul

Re: Replacement for MCZ 1800UF 6.3v

With replacement, do you mean you want another brand? If not, check:
    http://stores.ebay.com/PC-MotherBoar...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I've bought from this vendor several times, and the caps have been as advertised.

The owner of this site, also got them in stock:
    https://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=22
    ------------
    Be a mensch

Comment

if they are on vcore i use fujitsu re 820@2.5v or nippon chemi con psa 820@2.5v
      these are solid polymers and were often speced in the vrm design anyway.
      i steer away from nichicon hn/hm due to the huge bad "lot" that spanned several years.

Comment

well looking at this Pic I would say yes they are on the vcore.....but then again I'm not a board guru (yet), perhaps I could get verification from one of you fine people.

the 7 rubycon caps have been removed....those that are still there were not vent caps and are 820 / 2.5v as best I can tell the series is OS but I'm not sure on that......should I be pulling those as well.....it looks like all 11 were run in series

Paul

Comment

yes the polys will work fine there.
          i would pull the remaining 4 and replace with all the same to be safe.
          lytics were used strictly for cost cutting.didnt work out did it?
          and those are all in paralel.

Comment

If the caps in question are all connected in parallel, then they're almost surely Vcore. That's always the biggest bank of parallel caps.
            Best way to be sure is to find a pinout for the CPU socket and test against that. For mPGA478 you can do that by sticking a thin piece of wire into the socket.

Comment

sweet thanks a ton Kc....caps ordered and on their way

this place rocks

Paul

Comment

Well once again you guys have come through.....not just a good recap but a polymod recap at that.....system is up and running like a champ.....

on a side note.....I woldn't suggest increasing the through hole size on the PCB it made it almost impossible to solder in the new caps....but as this was a freebie system I took the gamble

Thanks again KC

Paul

Comment

its a non issue to me as by desoldering system gets the holes perfectly clean but if "toughing it" with primative means of clearing holes lean towards the fujitsu re.
                  the ncc psa have thick leads and require the holes to be fully cleaned.

Comment

I have a nice rework station that was awesome when desoldering the power supplies I just finished (about 120 total) but I think the tip is a little too big to work correctly on a mobo....it just wouldn't pull the solder off right.....and I may be wrong but the through holes on the mobo looked quite a bit smaller than those on the PCB for the Power supplies......but even with that said, the files I got from Pace with the rework station made easy work of clearing those holes right up.

Comment

Hi,

I have a very similar board from an HP xw4100 with the same problem - bursting Rubycon 6.3v 1800uF MCZ 8x20mm caps - which I am having trouble finding replacements for. I tried requesting pricing through the badcaps website (5 days ago - I may be being impatient!) , but have as yet had no response.

Can you be more specific about the caps you used as replacements? Why they were better/different? - Hopefully this will help me and others track down a suitable substitute and perhaps a local supplier (New Zealand).

Thanks.

Comment

i would worry about what causing the problem of that bursted rubycon.. a bad airflow? a 'near of death' PSU? a bad design of mobo? a too hot pentium4 proc ()? or something else.. also, are they chemicon KZG near those RAM slots?

anyway, what is the model/series of that motherboard? (so someone with the same problem can track it from google search)
                        days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

I suspect it's temperature, poor mains supply, and probably also time.
                          The caps sit in the exit flow of the CPU heatsink...
                          It's been on all the time in an engieering workshop... for the past 4-5 years.

The motherboard is from an HP xw4100 workstation, it has DURAY rev1.03 screened on it, and a sticker with SP# 361633-001 and AS# 325675-003 on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bmernz
                            ...I tried requesting pricing through the badcaps website (5 days ago - I may be being impatient!) , but have as yet had no response...
                            Read the main page. TC is moving -
                            https://www.badcaps.net/

Toast
                            veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty
                              Read the main page. TC is moving -
                              https://www.badcaps.net/

Toast
                              Ah, right, thanks.

I hope the move goes well!