Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42 inch acoustic solutions tv no standby light

ok will start from beginning .
    when this tv came to me a few months back it had bad capacitors on the power board so changed them . then it was working fine .standby light on after plugging in . off when powered up tested tv for a few hours and was fine . fast forewords to weekend just gone .got tv out to sell it tested it and working fine .sold it and delivered it .tv apparently worked fine for first day then it switched itself off and apparently wouldn't switch on . brought it back here plugged in no standby light . pressed on on remote and tv came on fine and has been on for about 5 hours . but standby light not coming on when powered off by remote . also noticed when returning from standby the vol is at a set level even though i had turned it down before power off .
    just wondered where to look first ? i guess i will look at standby led first .
    will update with model number tomorrow .
    Last edited by petehall347; 12-13-2018, 11:27 AM.

Re: 42 inch acoustic solutions tv no standby light

maybe someones messed with the menu settings try a factory reset first.

Comment

would that kill the power / standby light ?
      people that bought it said tv went off and on a couple of times then wouldn't power on again . even though it does power up .
      i am thinking its somehow only part way in standby when turned off . and losing settings . tv channels are still there .
      i forgot to mention they only use for x box so guessing that is hdmi .

Comment

not sure but cant you turn the standby leds off in tv service menus? im sure ive read you can but like you say a odd fault i would start by checking all the voltages on the psu and go from there ive only ever worked on the 32in version of acoustic solutions.

Comment

will have to see how to get into service menus .

Comment

Try firmware update, reapply if available.

Comment

never had luck finding updates for any tv i have worked on . i have tried auto updates but never worked as well .
              it worked fine with firmware already there anyway . unless you think its corrupted itself somehow ?
              will do regular fault finding in daylight .visual first for obvious things then re seat cables .then check led itself . then check solder joints and maybe heating and cooling things when its narrowed down a bit.... i suspect supply for standby is not right . hoping for bad capacitor as i didnt change them all last time .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                would that kill the power / standby light ?
                people that bought it said tv went off and on a couple of times then wouldn't power on again . even though it does power up .
                i am thinking its somehow only part way in standby when turned off . and losing settings . tv channels are still there .
                i forgot to mention they only use for x box so guessing that is hdmi .
                Often this is sign of mainboard problem, could be borked firmware or something else.

Comment

Its not too hard to mess up the firmware, small article here. https://www.powersystemsdesign.com/a...-fault/22/5911

Comment

that is too much to read right now . first thing jumped out is " preventing the system from booting up after powering on. " it is powering on just fine .just no standby light to start with . so obvious problem . i need to find why that light doesn't light up . will check supply voltages as soon as rear cover comes off and had a visual check over ..
                    damn thing is a bit of a wind up . i was short of cash for birthday beers so sold tv to someone with hard luck story for very low money because of small scratch on screen . turns out it is just for gaming . if they had asked for a monitor i wouldn't be asking about how to fix it . i dont have any monitors for sale .
                    at the end of the day it switches on and works as a tv .. i need to test hdmi for a few hours . will try a video on repeat from pc . or x box i need to test if repeat is an option .

Comment

Small point about volume if I recall adjusting volume by remote doesn't store the volume setting when set turned off. You have to enter menu and adjust volume there and there is a store option that must be selected at the bottom of menu as I recall!
                      It took me a while to figure it out as the store button was at the bottom of the audio menu which you have to scroll down to see! So not obvious!
                      As Vinceroger69 said earlier the service menu can be adjusted for various configs for the standby led and I believe in the user menu on some models.

Comment

am looking at it shortly . will report back .

Comment

whats the model number of this tv we maybe able to locate a service manual

Comment

ok went through settings and not even a factory reset ..
                            removed cover and checked voltage at standby led .. 3 point something . may have been 3.3v or 3.6v .. jumpered across a white led and it of course it lights up and goes off after pressing on on the remote ..
                            just leaves me trying to find a small through hole blue led on a Friday afternoon .. i removed one from a broken tv but is also a dead one ..i only have white and green ones and too big anyway .
                            tv worked fine for 7 hours yesterday then i switched it off .
                            Last edited by petehall347; 12-14-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

ive got a few spare ir boards but just checked they are all are double colors none blue, i have a pkt of small through hole leds red, white, green, yellow, but no blues i would of posted you one first class if i had one.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                ive got a few spare ir boards but just checked they are all are double colors none blue, i have a pkt of small through hole leds red, white, green, yellow, but no blues i would of posted you one first class if i had one.
                                thanks for the kind offer . i also found a dual colour one . i suppose red would be ok . are yours 3mm ?

Comment

yes 3mm ones, red would be fine in that set if you have one im sure no one would really notice as long as it lights and does the job. Does the tv seem too work fine now then on all inputs?

Comment

not tried all inputs yet .
                                    will pm my address to you now for red led .

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                        pm sent
                                        posted some out first class two of each color i had.

Comment

Working...
                                        X