Jensen JE1907DC 12v RV TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jensen JE1907DC 12v RV TV

The way those button ladders usually work is one line is ground, one is at supply (3.3 or 5v) and one is the output line.
    Yours seems to have one ground and two seperate circuits one for Power, Source & Input and the other for ch+,ch- and Vol+,vol-
    the top pin in the picture is not used, second from the bottom would be ground
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 12-02-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what else to do.
      If the button board is needed for the TV to work is there a way I can "trick" the TV into working without the board?
      Could I ad up the values of the resistors on the board then put together a set of resistors to equal that value and connect it to the cable that goes from the button board to the main board then use the remote to turn the TV on?

thanks

Comment

I have the exact same TV in my RV, ill see if I can go grab it and give you some values if need be.. Hopefully I can help..

Comment

Originally posted by Brucetafer View Post
          I have the exact same TV in my RV, ill see if I can go grab it and give you some values if need be.. Hopefully I can help..
          That would be great.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gorrillasnot View Post
            That would be great.

Thanks
            ok what do you need i have it here.

Comment

simple test... unplug the same board (ie. board for the control buttons)... then use the remote to turn on the set and see what happens. If your set works fine, then the OP has another problem. IF it doesn't, then hopefully you can do some resistance measurements on the pins on the connector of the board.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a hectic week.

As budwich suggested if you could unplug the button board and see if the TV turns on using the remote and works ok that would be a good test.

thanks

Comment

If you look at the button board, with none of the buttons pressed it will be the same as nothing connected,
                  looking at the picture, common or ground is the second pin from the bottom, so there should be infinite resistance between that common pin and each pin on either side of it unless a puttonis pushed (or bad)
                  The top pin looks unused. Is this how the wires are connected?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by R_J; 12-06-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

yes that is how they are connected.
                    I'm pretty sure the problem is something to do with the main board from what I've read online.
                    The thing I don't get is why would heating the button board make the TV stay on?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                      If you look at the button board, with none of the buttons pressed it will be the same as nothing connected,
                      looking at the picture, common or ground is the second pin from the bottom, so there should be infinite resistance between that common pin and each pin on either side of it unless a puttonis pushed (or bad)
                      The top pin looks unused. Is this how the wires are connected?
                      That was one of the reason I ask OP to check the resistance of the switches (not pushed) to see if it has leakage resistance or not.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by Brucetafer View Post
                        ok what do you need i have it here.
                        Were you able to test the TV by unplugging the button board and powering it on via the remote?

thanks

Comment

I was probing around the mainboard today and the resistor in the upper left of the pic measured 000 and the one on the upper right measured 1. (circled in the pic)

Is the resistor that measured 000 acting as some type of fuse?
                          The other that measured 1 ( I tried all ohms settings on DMM) shorted and therefore bad?

They were tested in circuit..should I test them out of circuit?

thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

The resistors are ok, they are used to drop the voltage down a bit for the regulators
                            #2 is a 4.7Ω not sure about #1 but as a rule resistors don't go low or shorted, the go open.

Comment

1 last effort before I give up.

Since I seem to be getting the right volatages do you all think my problem is likely with the main board, mores specifically the eeprom?

Since there doesn't seem to be any parts available for this TV it would probably be near impossible to replace the eeprom ( if thats the problem?) without having a eeprom dump?

thanks

Comment

I did notice the large plug in the picture is not seated properly, also sometimes those elec. caps around the regulators go bad (open) and cause the regulator ic to oscillate putting noise into the circuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X