This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

HI Dan here! just a Handy Man in search of fixing my G5 Imac! I've been using computers for a well long time, started in a tape library Northern Telecom in ...I forgot it was soooo
    long ago! dos was the OS?! email was just getting started, my computer was a main frame
    IBM 8680..I think? I have never change a capasitor still have trouble spelling the word!
    but I learn fast %) I'm hoping you folks can help me out, i think my mac G5 is the last one to go bad! but alas it has gone caps are swollen more than half of them anyway.
    my 1st queston is will the poly caps work better if yes how? I'm sure they wiill last longer then the oridgenals, will I see a differance in my computing expereance? dose the power supple have to be replaced and last but not least do you folks have one of thoughs little batterys for my pb G4 that you can along with my order when I do order?
    so many ?'s so little time!
    cheers Dan

Comment

hi daniel r schafer. please start your own thread for all those questoins...

Comment

Hello, I have worked in the amusement machine business for 39 years (all for the same company). I have also been an amatuer radio operator since the 5th grade. I run into lots of badcaps in the repair of amusement machines.

Comment

Well I'm not an educated electronics guy but I do work on pianos and play around with computers and other stuff. Hope to get all the help I need here on the forum. Already have some found some help. thanks for the inputs you all give to make an armature with the difficulties found in our day to day live the we can't live without easier.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and I'm from the UK.

I've worked in the communication and computer industry for many years and have had to replace many a faulty capacitor both for work and my own benefit.

Comment

Hello

I found this site while looking for the best caps for audioequipment
              I'm Swissborn but live in Holland for 35 years
              I'm also the main engineer of a radiostation in Holland
              Glad to see more people are looking for quality since there's crap too

EJT

Comment

Hi Just looking for information to fix my TV

Comment

Hello to all.

Just trying to get things rolling here so I am not going to waste any time.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Nathan, I'm 21, and I'm in the US Navy. I found this site while looking for tips on repairing a flickering Westinghouse 24" monitor. I have extensive training and experience in component level repair thanks to the Navy so hopefully I'll be of some use here.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      I am Dave and from the U.S.
                      I don't have much of an electrical background, but have build several computers, my own stereo receiver ( remember the old Heath Kits?) and like to fix whatever I can.

Comment

Hey everybody!

I'm twenty-two, military, from the United States. Wife, no children. Now that the boring stuff is out of the way...

I'm haven't a degree or even any certifications yet, but I've been working on computers for a good fifteen years, and just started with component-level electronics a bit over a year ago. Since then I've learned a lot, but still need a place to bug people with questions. This forum has given me a lot (along with diyaudio.com), and I thought I'd join so I could ask something time-constraining and contribute what I can, when I can.

All in all, good to be here!

Comment

Hallo,

I'm Peter from the Netherlands. I was searching some info too a problem i have with my samsung 226BW and found some here. Thanx.

I "play" with computers since the Philips Videopac G7000 (1978). I still have it :-) Then the C64 (with tapedeck) and then the Amiga 500 with later on a 30MB harddisk a KCS dos card and 2 gig memory (very expensive). While working on pc's with 286, 386 etc processort with 5.25 disks en 10MB Borsu disks I started privatly with a pc with a pentium 2 266. There i said goodbye to the Amiga (snif). Now i'm just an regular user who builds his own pc's. In my profession i'm recently a (software / business) tester.

That's more then enough info. But i liked to tell about my old computers :-)

Comment

excited to be here !!!

Hi all,

well excited is probably a bit over the top but still happy to have joined and will be looking to be a contributor.

cheers,
                            Mike the 3D Computer Guy.

Comment

I am also new here and someone had pointed me to this forum since I have a capacitor problem with my Mitsubishi WD-72625 DLP tv.

My problem is im not sure which capacitors I should get to replace them. My understanding is there are 7 that are supposed to be replaced and I havent been able to find any info on the exact capacitors. I have read some are going up to a higher heat range. Does anyone know anything about these?

Comment

Hello!
                                I am Boris from Estonia.
                                Find this forum from Google when searching some info about Samsung 245BW.
                                I am 56 years old, (wow!!!), working in AV-TV service from 1978. Last 20 years on my own.
                                What else? I am much more reader than writer .
                                I wish your all the best and especially health.

Comment

Hello - I found this forum when looking for info to fix my monitor, HP VS19d. I've learned a lot reading the various posts.

Comment

Hello everyone...I'm from North Dakota, been with the US Air Force for 30 years now. Married and the kids have all moved on. Enjoying the one grandson so far. Came upon thin forum while looking to fix my 19"Polaroid TLA-01911C.
                                    Reading some posts there appears to be a lot of knowledge out there. I think I'll have no problem getting some help. Don't know how much I can help others though unless you have an automotive related problem.

Comment

a grand welcome to everyone!!!

Comment

Hello from Poland!
                                        Just a hobbyist here, with >12 years experience in fixing and breaking stuff.
                                        Been a long time reader, now decided to register.

Comment

hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X