Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BLUETOOTH Question

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
    This is very wrong you should be given a choice not shoved down your mouth or what ever
    Of course you have a choice -- you don't HAVE to carry your phone, you don't HAVE to use a credit card (or store "membership card"), etc. These folks are exploiting laziness -- they KNOW you would opt for convenience (or "discounts") over privacy so they weave their data collection practices into that behavior pattern.

I very seldom take my phone when I go shopping anyway so I do not have much worry about.
    I don't carry a phone. There's a rescued iPhone 6S in the console of the vehicle that I typically drive. But, it's powered off and has no service. It's there as a "911 phone" and a camera -- in case I have need to document something while "out".

Phones exist for the convenience of the caller. I much prefer controlling when and where folks can "bother me" instead of carrying something around to make THEIR life more convenient. And, for business-related contacts, I want to document the conversation (which email does, nicely) for the sake of BOTH parties ("No, that's NOT what we agreed to...")

But shopping online is a hole different story I know that just about every site is tracking you what you look at and buy and what ever else

It is convenient in one respect but in other ways can be a big problem

EBay is one of the worst when it comes to this yes it convenient and real pain in the a** at the same time
    Again, convenience. You can buy just about anything that you can find on-line using a telephone or dragging your *ss to a retail outlet. But, then YOU bear the inconvenience of doing so.

I've had my ebay account since it was called AuctionWeb. Yet, probably haven't made 50 purchases in all that time (i.e., less than 2/year?) Yet, there's very little that I've "lived without". :>

Google is also very bad about this here is a example

I bought some capacitors at Digi-Key's website and guess what when I went on EBay I see offer to buy from Digi-Key and also on EBay
    They've "improved your user experience" -- aren't you grateful? :> Kinda like all those retail products that loudly exclaim: "New and Improved". Just what are the "improvements" and who do they BENEFIT??!

This is getting bad but what can you do about it
    ... not if you still want the convenience and savings that it affords!

YOU are the product that is being sold. And, the "customer" is the guy you're buying from!

Comment

Working...
    X