Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EEPROM Firmware Required: 32" RCA LED TV (RLED3216A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EEPROM Firmware Required: 32" RCA LED TV (RLED3216A)

I require an EEPROM .BIN firmware file for 32" RCA LED TV (model RLED3216A).

Mainboard CV318H-X

TV turns on with backlight, then screen displays RCA logo, then screen flashes green for a split second, then good image with channel 2-0 displayed in upper corner, then resets. Loop repeats over and over. TV does not respond to buttons or remote during reboots.

Freezing or heating EEPROM not successful. Reprogramming existing contents to new EEPROM yields same result. EEPROM contents incomplete or not recoverable due to corrupted EEPROM.

Does anyone have this model of TV they can read the EEPROM contents and upload? Or possibly already have a firmware to assist? Or similar mainboard?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: EEPROM Firmware Required: 32" RCA LED TV (RLED3216A)

I guess you have to make that dude an offer on ebay, or look for the TV rebranded. Some of the RCA rebrands are: Proscan, Apex, Westinghouse, Curtis, Seiki etc.

In the States, the same TV is made by Proscan. Look for something like Proscan pled3216A. SJ sells EEPROM's for it, but you have to check your serial number.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 02-16-2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I do not need a power board and entire new mainboard.

However, I did contact him with a "cash" offer to read and share the eeprom.bin file once he gets it, but he never responded.

I may still consider buying his items, but I don't want to spend more on this TV already.

Hopefully someone has this EEPROM.

Comment

SJ just sells the eeprom for the same tv branded as proscan.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

While I expected the RCA RLED3216A and Proscan PLED3216A to be identical re-branded versions of the same TV, I was shocked to see the power board and mainboard are completely different.

The RCA RLED3216A mainboard is a CV318H-X while the Proscan PLED3216A mainboard is T.MS3391.A3B.

Since the labeling of these mainboards follows the part number of the main CPU, I suspect the main CPU in the Proscan and RCA TV are just too different to work.

However, it got me to thinking that maybe others would work.

A Google search for CV318H-X turned up the same mainboard in many different brands of TV such as Proscan, Apex, Westinghouse, Curtis, Seiki... Some are slightly different designs from one another, but the following TVs have identical mainboards, with exact match for location and placement of input/output ports, connector headers and components (including EEPROM location U10)...

32" Proscan model PLCDV3213A,
          32" Curtis LCD3235A,
          26" Proscan PLED2694A,

If anyone has an EEPROM.BIN from ANY tv with a CV318H-X mainboard, please upload one here since it may help.
          Last edited by Unspun01; 02-20-2019, 12:25 PM. Reason: Added compatible model information

Comment

https://www.shopjimmy.com/curtis-110...eprom-only.htm
            or that: https://www.shopjimmy.com/proscan-12...eprom-only.htm

here are tons to buy: https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsea...V318H-X+eeprom
            Last edited by CapLeaker; 02-20-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X