JMX Brand Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMX Brand Caps

Hello, I have a question about JMX brand caps. I was taking apart an SL-Series Cerwin Vega speaker when I noticed that they use the JMX in their speaker crossover network. Are these caps any good?? I was just curious about what you all thought and if you recommend a better brand for a speaker crossover. I logged onto their website and it appears they supply caps to some reputable electronics companies one of which is Sony. Thanks everyone for any input you can provide, Kirk

Re: JMX Brand Caps

Here are some screenshots to help with my question...are they any good?? Or just a standard industry cap? Thanks...
    Attached Files

Comment

Never heard of JMX but if it's one of their polypropylene film caps then it might be ok, but if it's electrolytic, then you might be better off replacing it (assuming you're having issues with your speakers).

IIRC, Some companies will say they supply caps to big brands to make themselves look better to potential customers.
      I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
        Never heard of JMX but if it's one of their polypropylene film caps then it might be ok, but if it's electrolytic, then you might be better off replacing it (assuming you're having issues with your speakers).

IIRC, Some companies will say they supply caps to big brands to make themselves look better to potential customers.
        Ok, thank you. Hopefully, someone else will pipe in over time...

Comment

Working...
        X