Replace OST RLP and Nich HM with what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace OST RLP and Nich HM with what?

Apparently 1000uF 6.3v is being obsoleted off the planet. Those I need to replace are 8X11.5x3.5 from various motherboards, mainly near DDR2 ram slots and northbridges. If in fact they are being obsoleted, there must be some polys suitable for sustitution, but what? 8X15 or 8x16 lytics can still be had, but troublesome to fit in various spots, similar to 10mm.

Some years back, the board currently in need of resurrection had the same problem as just returned last night. Back then I replaced about 18 with new HM, the rest with FR. Now I can only get it to post by cutting DDR2 RAM back to only one slot. It had been running nicely for over 3 years with 4 2G sticks.

Is Panasonic FR with twice as much spec ESR as HM well enough suited to this task? What can anyone recommend? Some sort of poly?

Re: Replace OST RLP and Nich HM with what?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumi...itors/8513841/

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Soli...859957324.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000...857793603.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Soli...833331851.html
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrmazda View Post
      Apparently 1000uF 6.3v is being obsoleted off the planet. Those I need to replace are 8X11.5x3.5 from various motherboards, mainly near DDR2 ram slots and northbridges. If in fact they are being obsoleted, there must be some polys suitable for sustitution, but what? 8X15 or 8x16 lytics can still be had, but troublesome to fit in various spots, similar to 10mm.

Some years back, the board currently in need of resurrection had the same problem as just returned last night. Back then I replaced about 18 with new HM, the rest with FR. Now I can only get it to post by cutting DDR2 RAM back to only one slot. It had been running nicely for over 3 years with 4 2G sticks.

Is Panasonic FR with twice as much spec ESR as HM well enough suited to this task? What can anyone recommend? Some sort of poly?
      I have been buying caps from this guy its NOS caps but he ships super quick and I believe they are legit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-1000uF-...s/252468792756

I just ordered some from him last week the date code was B1413. so about 5 years old.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

STJ, thanks. I ordered these, so I wouldn't have to wait 35+ days for delivery from overseas.

Comment

is that how long you wait for china post??
          it gets to europe in under 20 days.
          it will be even faster soon, once the chinese rail link via russia and iran into the european network to germany is complete.
          then it can travel by rail instead of ship

Comment

Those three ads all stated an estimated delivery time "X" days. The shortest X was 35. I've ordered from overseas before. Wait time has been highly variable, from under a week, to much more than a month. Orders from Mouser using lowest cost shipping arrive in as little as 3 days.
            Last edited by mrmazda; 02-10-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Those three ads all stated an estimated delivery time "X" days. The shortest X was 35. I've ordered from overseas before. Wait time has been highly variable, from under a week, to much more than a month. Orders from Mouser using lowest cost shipping arrive in as little as 3 days.
              I live less than 250 miles from Mouser warehouse in Dallas and often get my goodies the next day.

Comment

thats not the root cause of your problem. the root cause of your problem is the usage of a junk psu outputting lots of ripple and killing even the jap caps. thats why the problem returned again. either recap the psu with good caps as well or get rid of it and get an ultra-low ripple modern psu platform like the superflower leadex series or evga g2/g3 series.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                  the root cause of your problem is the usage of a junk psu outputting lots of ripple and killing even the jap caps. thats why the problem returned again. either recap the psu with good caps as well or get rid of it and get an ultra-low ripple modern psu platform like the superflower leadex series or evga g2/g3 series.
                  Its PS is an Antec EA-430. I already replaced its OSTs with (mostly) Nichicons years ago. The CPU is 65W TDP. 3 500G Seagates as of a few months ago, was 1 for past several years until a few months ago, originally 2 320G when it was my LAN server. Passively cooled Radeon video. So this is not a power hungry configuration, and it doesn't get used enough to justify throwing much money at it.

Comment

Its PS is an Antec EA-430. I already replaced its OSTs with (mostly) Nichicons years ago. The CPU is 65W TDP. 3 500G Seagates as of a few months ago, was 1 for past several years until a few months ago, originally 2 320G when it was my LAN server. Passively cooled Radeon video. So this is not a power hungry configuration, and it doesn't get used enough to justify throwing much money at it.
                    An OUNCE of prevention is worth a POUND of cure.

Comment

Working...
                    X