Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about motherboard testing

Hi all,

After reviewing Akor's guide on testing the vrm's, I have a few questions and please forgive my stupidity on this issue. Step 3a says to measure the resistance from the output of the VRM to the load supply pin. Where is the output of the VRM exactly, and how do I judge where it is on any motherboard? I have an Intel D865 PERL and the lights are on, but nobody's home, and I'm trying to figure out the problems. Also, on each FET, there are 3 legs. Long legs are on each side and a shortleg in the middle that is not connected to anything. What is the procedure for testing these? Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.

Lance

Re: Questions about motherboard testing

same for me .... admins please continue the mentioned post

Comment

hi i think its the two legs, test all, if its good, 1 has a 1M reading and the other leg has 0 reading, if both legs (long) are 0 there it is bad vrm.
      that was my case in one of my board, 0 0 replace regulator, and it worke

Comment

Intel D865 PERL suffered from the defective Nichicon HM and HN series caps.
        Those caps built between 2001 and 2004 had a manufacturing defect.
        Check the date codes on your caps.
        [letter][2 digit year][2 digit week]
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X