NRSY caps: Interesting date code observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRSY caps: Interesting date code observation

I pulled 14 of these NRSY 1000uF 10v 10mm caps from a Supermicro P4SBA. They don't have any series marking, but temp range goes down to -55C.

13 of them were bulged and tested high ESR. They all have the date code 0108.
    1 of them looks good and tested normal ESR. It has the date code 0042. Otherwise identical to the others.

The good cap was in parallel with bad ones on Vmem. So it had the same stress the others did.
    Attached Files

Re: NRSY caps: Interesting date code observation

Those are NRSY ~Brand~
    Not same as NIC NRSY series.
    [I think you know that. Just mentioning it for the lost soles.]

I betcha...
    The 0042 was made before the bad P50 (or whatever) stolen electrolyte fiasco and those 0108 are loaded with the bad formula.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Yeah, I remember reading an old thread here recently about the bad NRSY brand vs series (made by a more reputable company). Certainly confusing. Seems like somebody would have filed a trademark suit, but I'm no lawyer.

Comment

Supermicro seems to like the NRSY brand for some reason.
        Makes no sense to me because I see those cheapies mixed in with good quality Sanyo WG on the same boards.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X