Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!! New CD3301 in DELL Latitude E6520 gets extremely HOT

Hi All,

I have this DELL Latitude E6520 that does not power on or charge when adapter is plugged in BUT powers On with a charged Battery only. I noticed the CD3301 IC gets a little bit warm when the adapter is plugged, current flows in but it doesn't charge or power On the system.

I replaced the CD3301 to a NEW one which I ordered from China. Now immediately I plug in the adapter, the Power Led comes up (due to: No CMOS battery connected), it charges the battery BUT the CD3301 IC gets extremely HOT of which I'm afraid that if i leave it for long, the IC might burn out as that is the last one remaining.

I've cross checked all the pins of that CD3301 and no one seems to be shortened (but can't tell if their resistance are okay or not though). Also, I've checked surrounding MOSFETs and capacitors, didn't notice any faulty one

I understand to an extent that this CD3301 would be performing the same function in all the DELL models it was used in, so if you have any idea on what could be the cause, Please assist me with a solution even if the model you worked with is different from mine, I should be able to relate it to mine since they probably both make use of CD3301.

I've attached the schematic diagram for my DELL model. Page 63

Thanks for your help in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by classicandy; 05-28-2020, 12:09 AM. Reason: changed Post Icon and typo error

Re: HELP!!! New CD3301 in DELL Latitude E6520 gets extremely HOT

PQ28 or PQ29 in shortcircuit in my case

Comment

Originally posted by danieltoader69 View Post
      PQ28 or PQ29 in shortcircuit in my case
      thanks
      i gust solve same case in dell e6540 by replace pq701,pq702
      MB : LA-9411P

Comment

I have the same problem with my dell latitude e6420 please explain this problem in detail.

Which MOSFET I should replace in dell latitude e6420 please guide me.
        Last edited by piernov; 02-24-2022, 11:35 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Working...
        X