X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus rog g512lv no lcd backlight

Hi
    The notebook had the pch in short.
    After replacing the hm470, the notebook starts up and enter on the bios but the screen remain dark. It's possibile tha this problem come from the pch ?
    Thanks

Re: Asus rog g512lv no lcd backlight

As much as i understand its should be easy to give schematic.
    Its friday im alreay drunk alittle and if i could look at it ...

atleast MOBO numbers so i cant quickly find schematic.

PCH has shitloads of signals so short on 1 does not mean crap for lcd backlight. For me i allways check how backlight is created (read backwards) - Had a few laptops with bad KBC's and no backlight but everything else worked so i always took signal to "turn on" from other place.

50% of these did not need KBC change. Cause when you get backlight other problems can show up.

And if PCH was replaced (these tend to talk alot with KBC )...

Comment

There is not boardview for this notebook, asus usually have not schematic

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
        Hi
        The notebook had the pch in short.
        After replacing the hm470, the notebook starts up and enter on the bios but the screen remain dark. It's possibile tha this problem come from the pch ?
        Thanks
        Whats the laptop history has someone else worked on it before you.You`re an experienced member but i`ll ask anyway,did you clean the ME firmware, has the bios been flashed before
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Whats the laptop history has someone else worked on it before you.You`re an experienced member but i`ll ask anyway,did you clean the ME firmware, has the bios been flashed before
          I preferred to avoid reprogramming the bios (on this type of laptop) without analyzing the card very well. Not having schematic
          ne boardview wasn't easy but in the end the culprit was a damaged inductance. Knowing
          the story of the laptop (it suddenly turned off) I don't understand the relationship between the pch
          and the power line of the lcd.
          Another problem concerns the pch which is really hot even if it works correctly, I replaced
          the original heatsink with one made by me hoping the problem will not recur (on some Rog
          the pch in this case an HM470 is always very hot ...).
          Thanks for the answer and I ask a question about the correct dissipation.

Asus now appears to be using on 10th cpu liquid metal instead of the classic heat-conducting paste (https://youtu.be/pbCw1FD22Bo).
          In the past I have used liquid metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) for the dissipation of only the gpu but from
          what I read asus uses it only for the cpu (I think it's true because in my photo you can see the surface of the
          cpu corroded while the heatsink is not even if it is not copper). I wanted to hear other people's experiences
          about it on high-end laptops. I thought about using:
          1) Pads -> K5-pro very low viscosity
          2) GPU -> Noctua NT-H1
          3) CPU -> Noctua NT-H1 or Conductonaut ??
          Strangely, some technicians recommend repaste also on new laptops and then remove the liquid metal ...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 11-14-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

There is schematic for this model on the internet (i just figured i cant post link here ****), but you have to have some points (contribute) to download it. If admin allows i can post a link?
            Last edited by myth77; 11-15-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myth77 View Post
              There is schematic for this model on the internet (i just figured i cant post link here ****), but you have to have some points (contribute) to download it. If admin allows i can post a link?
              Normally these links are fake but we are waiting for the moderator's permission to post it

Comment

its legit...i already downloaded several times from that forum but at the moment i am out of points

Comment

Working...
                X