Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP ProBook 650 G2 Intel Skylake Mobile Cpus

Hello everyone!
    Recently found faulty laptop at office sale of old equipment. Anyway laptop was fine, except motherboard. So the question is how to test cpu and to know if it failed? Because board seems to be working. On power on the same pch or cpu is playing strange 8bit style melody. I know that is weird but that's true. But after melody the laptop has no signs of boot sequence. So the symptoms are really close to missing ram or wrong cpu firmware. Anyway I don't want to repair just to use cpu from it

Re: Intel Skylake Mobile Cpus

What is the laptop model number and motherboard part number
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Do you mean 8 beeps?? If yes that indicates either GPU failure/LCD cable or screen itself. may be coonectivity issue between mn and screen or even corrosion in lvds/edp circuit.

Comment

HP ProBook 650 G2.
        The weird melody was coming from pch. It was dead. The melody really sounds like coil whine but with data modulations from old phone modem.

Pch is dead. That another reason I don’t want to repair it, but want to desolder cpu and upgrade other laptop with it.

Okay, why I so afraid?
        At laptop which I want to upgrade the cpu coils are 28-32 ohms to ground. The donor board cpu is 6-7 ohms to ground. I desolder coils but 6-7 ohms remains.

Same gen, different resistance. I am worry about motherboard failure if dead cpu will solder to working motherboard

Comment

Working...
        X