Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help to know what is the ohm of this switch

hi,guys.

this is a volume pot inside of a tc-helicon voicelive touch 2....'ve been trying to find a diagram but did not have any luck....and nobody can tell me what switch i need to replace the original one....so far i tryed a P110KV1-1F15BR100K(100 ohm)
    from digi-key and i need to put it at 3/4 before starting to have volume.... there is no other numbers on this switch other that the one you see on top...can someone tell me what im missing or what other switch i could try.thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: need help to know what is the ohm of this switch

You can probably find the ohms by using a multimeter.

Other than that, you could find a new switch by looking up the specific device the volume pot goes to on a replacement parts site.

Comment

Check the resistance across the two outside connections, then measure the size of the control and shaft, It looks like a 8mm or 10mm pot. If the pot directly controls the audio signal you will need a audio taper pot.
      The pot P110KV1-1F15BR100K is a 100KΩ not 100Ω
      Last edited by R_J; 01-26-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Those markings look a lot like "SHC2K". "SH" might have something to do with the series or brand, but "C2K" would indicate a C-taper (reverse-logarithmic, anti-logarithmic) 2Kohm potentiometer.

C-taper pots are often used in the gain adjust of mic preamps.
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

hi Tony,

find out anything?

Mine is busted as well (girl I bought it from did not mention it, thought I had a software glitch), year later aI opened it up, completely busted...

Comment

I put in a request at Music Tribe to see if they have a spare.

Comment

Originally posted by dentheman2 View Post
              I put in a request at Music Tribe to see if they have a spare.
              Good luck with that

In the mean time...

https://www.mouser.fi/ProductDetail/...FQw94NWw%3D%3D
              Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

That is the one that works?!

As in you got it working?

Cause I wil order it right now!
                Last edited by dentheman2; 03-11-2021, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  Check the resistance across the two outside connections
                  Also, see if the pinout matches the one in the datasheet for the potentiometer i linked. I can't see in the photos you posted, if yours has 3 or 4 pins, even.

Originally posted by dentheman2 View Post
                  That is the one that works?!

As in you got it working?
                  The one i linked is a 2Kohm reverse-audio / reverse-logarithmic / anti-logarithmic taper / C-taper potentiometer, which should(?) match the one that seems to be faulty in your unit. So it should work, as long as you can confirm the end-to-end resistance in yours is indeed 2Kohm, and compare the dimensions with the drawings in the datasheet.

I never "got it working", because i don't think i've ever touched or even seen with my own eyes a VoiceLive Touch 2.

Comment

it has 4 pins.

it is hard to test since the pot is broken through though.
                    Attached Files

Comment

@Khron,

I thought you were the original poster so I mistakenly thought you fixed your machine, sorry for that

In the specs on mouser I see that the pot is 10K, is that a problem?

Comment

I'm going to guess the potentiometer (if you can look at the bottom of the board) has two of the active pins connected together, so in essence, wired as a variable resistor. The big fat electrolytic next to it would be indicative of this being the analog gain adjustment of the mic preamp.

In that context, you could very well use a 10K pot, and solder in a resistor (say, 3.3k or so) in parallel with it.

Comment

thanks, made some new pics that confirm your suspicions.

btw left two pins are not connected, think it was some dust in the pic.

pin 3,4 are connected.

the 3.3K resistor to which pins do i solder that?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by dentheman2; 03-11-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...106059987c.pdf

"Electrical diagrams", first one, PTV111. As you can see, pin 4 (as seen from the front) is "dummy". Your "pin 3,4" are pins 1 and 2 in the datasheet.

Comment

ok thanks!

Comment

No problem, good luck with the repair!

Comment

Working...
                                X