ArcticAire / Danby ADR70A2C dehumidifier - not collecting water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ArcticAire / Danby ADR70A2C dehumidifier - not collecting water

As the title says, a family friend of ours gave me an ArcticAire ADR70A2C dehumidifier (made by Danby) that has a problem - it doesn't collect water. When I turn it ON, the fan runs and after a few seconds I can also hear the compressor turn ON as well. The dehumidifier gets really hot on the back, though.

All I can tell you about the dehumidifier is that it's only a few years old and used to work fine prior to last summer - it would fill its bucket with water in less than 12 hours in my friend's basement. But midway this summer, it stopped collecting water in their basement. So clearly the problem is not because of dry air (their engineered wood floors balooned like crazy when this thing stopped working).

So does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I haven't opened it yet due to being too cold in the garage right now. But I checked the filter in the summer, and from what I remember it wasn't too dirty. Maybe something else is clogged upstream? Or is the system low on freon, perhaps? - And if so, is it worth repairing and how hard it would be to do that?

Thanks.

By the way, here is a link to the product:
    https://www.danby.com/en-us/products...n-us/adr70a2c/
    Not sure if it would be of any help, but I figured why not add it anyways.
    Last edited by momaka; 12-17-2016, 07:22 PM.
Working...
X