X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY PFM-42B1E error, pic inside

So what's wrong with this one?

[offtopic]
    I have several Plasma's (all gotten for free/picked up from the trash).
    My 60" LG needs reprogramming of the ctrl board because of the red pixel storm issue, and might be fine after this, but so far all my efforts of getting info and contacting people in the know have not resulted in enough information to tackle this.

My 42" Hitatchi has a red and green pixel storm issue but adjusting the voltages cannot get rid of this. All caps seem (optically) in good order.
    [/offtopic]

And this 42" Sony could replace the 42" Hitachi as WII/Xbox monitor (with some converters to get everything to analog RGB input), but had this issue when turning it on. I've had it stored as back-up for years after receiving it for free as being 'in good working order'.

If the panel is gone, just tell me, the wife won't mind clearing this 30kg monster... Nor will I, but I cannot throw anything out that has a slight chance of working again.

No input:

Full size

Laptop input detail:

Full size

Re: SONY PFM-42B1E error, pic inside

That's...definitely an interesting fault. Looks like loss of gas from the edges of the panel, but only the edges. I'd suggest that it is a bad panel but I've seen issues like this clear up by increasing the Vs voltage.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'll go and fiddle with the voltages. Which is hard as it is very heavy and I don't have an official stand for it. The stand I made for it won't let me get to the PCB's in the back.. But knowing it has a slight chance of working again is enough to try!

Thanks!

Comment

Myself & a friend of mine who plays with neons would be very interested to see if you can fix this by increasing the Vs voltage.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X