repairing lifted pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repairing lifted pads

I am curious if it possible to repair lifted copper pads. I lifted a very small service pad which I need to connect to in order to reflash a chip.

The board is small so may be difficult to work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

See attached photos

Attached Files

Re: repairing lifted pads

probably fixeable, but your wires are far too big, that's why it ripped.

arm cpu with canbus and gimbal??
    wtf is it?

Comment

You need to see where the trace goes, then find a component on the same line and solder a THIN wire there. Why use such large wires, they are like pry bars on those small pads.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        You need to see where the trace goes, then find a component on the same line and solder a THIN wire there. Why use such large wires, they are like pry bars on those small pads.

These wires are temporary with female connectors on 1 end to connect to a ttl to USB ftdi adapter. All I need to accomplish with the pad the ripped off is to short it to the pad next to it as well as the 3.3v osd. The short causes it to boot in a different mode so I can reflash the chip.

How can I find the trace on this? I actually thought the wire were small, lol.

Is there a way to temporarily rig it up since all I need to do is short it for a few minutes? After I flash it, I shouldn't need access to the pad again hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          probably fixeable, but your wires are far too big, that's why it ripped.

arm cpu with canbus and gimbal??
          wtf is it?

It's a gimbal for a dji drone. Trying to fix an issue with no loive video feed. Also cant update the firmware until I reflash

Comment

How can I find the trace on this?
            You need to look with a magnifier, the pad likely tore away from a trace, there is no way for me to see that in a picture, Then follow where the trace goes.

Comment

so you tried to connect 3.3v to BOOT0 to get into the bootloader,
              well it goes to the chip and also to a pulldown resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                so you tried to connect 3.3v to BOOT0 to get into the bootloader,
                well it goes to the chip and also to a pulldown resistor.
                Im not follwing you. Are you saying there is another point I can connect the wire to and achieve the same result?

Comment

from what I have found out that pad connects to one of the pins on one of the bga ic's which you may not be able to access as its under the chip.
                  Usually the pad connects to a trace, it does'nt go straight down into the board.

Comment

it goes up-right to a resistor and possibly straight down into the layers.
                    be more concerned right now that it still works or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X