Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you Remove a large bga with CPU/PCH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you Remove a large bga with CPU/PCH?

Hi all, any advise you can provide would be crucial.
    I want to try removing a CPU/PCH on same chip, very large bga chip as seen in this image. Before working on a real job, I thought giving it a go on a donor board and 5 minutes 480 degrees Max air with pre heater on the bottom 220 degrees, did absolutely nothing, nothing moved except ofcourse it's neighbours.
    I tried using my bga station, now I realised what a waste of $$$ the Yihua bga workstation I bought, with bga workstation working on one end of the bga chip, I'm heating 480 degrees with Max air and preheat on bottom, nothing worked.
    How do you take out this chip?
    PCH is burnt/shorted unfortunately and thought maybe I can remove the old one, remove a good one from donor board, reball and put into faulty system.

The system I'm working on is a Microsoft Surface Pro 1796 attached are the images for your reference.

Should I use something like acetone or paint thinner to get rid of glue if there is some on the bottom?
    Attached Files

Re: How do you Remove a large bga with CPU/PCH?

i use jetronix eco for any bga repair. 2.7kw power (not 100% actual ofcourse as they have china plates)

Comment

Working...
    X