Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 15 LA-E811P no video

Hi everyone

Please help to fix this laptop, HP 15 with LA-E811P motherboard, it turns on but without video, no schematic available, I have been using LA-D707P.

I have programmed BIOS several times with different files without success.

It consumes only 192 mA, cpu is a little hot and it restart continuosly (each 12 seconds).

It has voltages en all the big coils, 3valw, 5valw, cpu_core (1 v), bat+ (2.8 v), ddr3l (1.35v).

Other voltages I have checked:

VR_ON = 3.3v en PUG1 pin 26 (cpu core IC) RT8171C (3L =)
    VR_READY pin 17 only 1.04v
    PLT_RST# pin 13 KBC has 3.3v

How could I continue checking this fail?

thank your for your time and for your help.

Schematic https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84041

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-14-2023, 01:32 AM.

Re: HP 15 LA-E811P no video

Nobody? Please help or what thing could I to check? I don't know how to continue :/

Comment

Consumption on Dc supply-With Ram/Without Ram??

Comment

Hi mcplslg123

It consumes 180 mA without Ram installed and 190 mA with Ram
        Last edited by ruletero; 06-17-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

This is a celeron or PDC motherboard-so the consumption at 192mA is not bad. Have you flashed bios?? Check DRamrst# present or not on pin30 of ram slot.

Comment

Hi friend

It has a Intel Celeron N3060 1.6GHz SR2KN and dramrst# is 0v and yes, I have flashed bios several times with several files. I'm reading about that signal.. :/

Comment

I have been checking PG of the IC's.

Cpu core IC is RT8171c (3L=) and its PG (VR_READY) has 1.05v only, there is another RT8171C ( I guess for GFX) and it has 3.3v in PG.

Coould it be bad?

Comment

Going by my experience this 3L IC always go bad on LA-E811 as well as LA-C811. Better to replace it. Check whether the Source & Gate of mosfets connected to this IC is showing short. If yes, that's a sure sign of Ic being bad. Perhaps one of the IC uses a dual channel mosfet and the other iC has 2 separate mosfets(going by LA-C811P design)

Comment

Each IC (3L) works perfectly, it has 1.03v in its coil. The only difference is the PG signal: the first one (uses 2 mosfets, vcore) has 1.05v, the other (uses 1 IC with two mosfets) has 3.3v.

I replaced the IC with the lower PG, same result, not changes. Checking the datasheet, I see that the PG value is correct, I attach the graphic.

Please help how to continue.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And excuse me, I have a question about of similar cases in the forum...

Why you ask for "does numlock or capslock led glows?".

What is the meaning of this action? o better, why the question?

thank you friends

Comment

Hi

Ik capslock and numlock lights means that the board is posting and the bios probably good is.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                        Hi

Ik capslock and numlock lights means that the board is posting and the bios probably good is.

Regards

Steve

Thank you Stevedb, I'm a newbie yet xD

Comment

Originally posted by ruletero View Post
                          Hi friend

It has a Intel Celeron N3060 1.6GHz SR2KN and dramrst# is 0v and yes, I have flashed bios several times with several files. I'm reading about that signal.. :/
                          Lets check the ram ic requirement and voltage on dimm slot. Without Dramrst#, it will never post.

Comment

I see dramrst# is generated by PCH, I don't know the requirements to do it...

I did next ram checking by using the instructions en this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=DRAMRST, my readings in red:

±+++++++++++++++++++++++

DDR 3L ram section voltage check list at ram slot

DDR3L operating voltage VDD (at coil )= 1.35V PINs 75,76 ram slot 1.34V COIL AND pin 76

VRef_DQ = 0.67 V at PIN 1 0.67v pin 1 (without ram)
                            VTT/Termination voltage= 0.67V PINs 203,204 0.66 pin 204

VRef_CA. = 0.67V PIN 126 0.67 pin 126
                            VDD SPD = 3.3V PIN 199 3,32 pin 199 (without ram)
                            SDA data = 3.3V PIN 200 3.30 pin 200
                            SCL clock = 3.3V PIN 202 3.30 pin 202
                            DRAM_RST# = 1.35V PIN 30 0v pin 30

±+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                            Last edited by ruletero; 06-23-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Readings are perfect. BTW, DRAMRST# comes from cpu memory controller and not PCH. I dont see any reason for Dramrst# not appearing and to me it seems like SOC memory controller section has gone faulty. I'm fighting the very exact problem on an acer E1-432 with EA40 HW mb-no dramrst# though i've checked all the ram ic requirement, ram slot pins voltages, flashed factory bios.

PS: Try changing the flash drive for bios and reflash only with HP offsite bios with matching BID to rule out bios issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                Readings are perfect. BTW, DRAMRST# comes from cpu memory controller and not PCH. I dont see any reason for Dramrst# not appearing and to me it seems like SOC memory controller section has gone faulty. I'm fighting the very exact problem on an acer E1-432 with EA40 HW mb-no dramrst# though i've checked all the ram ic requirement, ram slot pins voltages, flashed factory bios.

PS: Try changing the flash drive for bios and reflash only with HP offsite bios with matching BID to rule out bios issue.
                                Is it exactly a cpu problem? Or did you solve it? I'm in the same situation

Comment

Originally posted by limpidity View Post
                                  Is it exactly a cpu problem? Or did you solve it? I'm in the same situation
                                  I've read your thread and in my experience DramRST# reistance to GND below 3K ohms is usually 'coz of bad cpu(not pch). This is most common problem on 4th/5th gen SOC's.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                    I've read your thread and in my experience DramRST# reistance to GND below 3K ohms is usually 'coz of bad cpu(not pch). This is most common problem on 4th/5th gen SOC's.
                                    Thank you for your answer

Comment

Working...
                                    X