Need help finding LED backlight fuse [PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help finding LED backlight fuse [PICS]

I've been there before with dell inspiron no backlight, just blown fuse on the backpanel ( F1 ) jumper it with tiny wire and they work like charm backlight. as you say before just read on page 3 on forum notebookreview to located the fuse, hope you case same as my success story with dell led backlight

Comment

Can you send a link please. If you look at the pictures there is no F1 mark on the board.

Comment

I cant see a fuse on this board - is there anything on the back.
        Has anyone tried tracing back from the connector to try and find whwre the 12 v comes from.
        I think Degutji is just saying what he did on his Dell so not really relevant
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by Krisswe View Post
          Can you send a link please. If you look at the pictures there is no F1 mark on the board.
          The way I am reading it is, degutji is saying the fuse is on the LED panel, not the m/board.
          But as you mentioned, a link would be great because I could not find it in notebookreview

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
            The way I am reading it is, degutji is saying the fuse is on the LED panel, not the m/board.
            But as you mentioned, a link would be great because I could not find it in notebookreview
            Yes I thought that as well but if there is no voltage at the connector it would seem to matter not if there is a fuse on the LED Panel? It needs to be established why there is no voltage at the connector - unless I have
            totally mis -understood, although Budm seemed to suggest the same course of action twice - with little response.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              Yes I thought that as well but if there is no voltage at the connector it would seem to matter not if there is a fuse on the LED Panel? It needs to be established why there is no voltage at the connector - unless I have
              totally mis -understood, although Budm seemed to suggest the same course of action twice - with little response.
              Yes of course, My mistake

Comment

I will get some help of a friend to find the fuse, or what ever is the problem. I'll get back if (when) we find anything.

Comment

For my case on Dell Inspiron same as this case http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell...cklight-3.html
                  For Asus K53 LED screen maybe like this http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/...US/K53-SX751V/
                  My Dell LED Screen look similar with ASUS K53 ( if laptopscreen.com made no mistake with the LED image on their site ) just put your red probe to the coil ( PL or L ) and black probe to GND , any voltage ? from that coil track in to Fuse ( F ). I can't see image more clearly so can't pin poin the fuse exactly, but i'm sure it's around coil and flex / ribbon LED backlight. Happy Practice
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by degutji; 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Has this ever been resolved. Got a k53 in with same issue, person tried to replace lcd and now we see data but no light. Cant find the fuse if there is one and mosfet tests ok as well as ferrite bead.

Comment

I dont think it was resolved - do you get a voltage on the connector that might drive the lights. Perhaps a good close up picture of the board on the panel would help.

Comment

SOLVED, I have a asus k44h that i repaired a charging port on and had no backlight, well finally found the problem. In the pic below the (fuse???) circled in red had 17.98v going and 0v coming out, it has the letter/number O on it. I checked other identical chips and that had 0 resistance, so replaced it with one from an old board, power on and I have led backlight again.

Hope this helps, and ignore my poor soldering job, very hard on these small chips.
                        Attached Files

Comment

same 0 fuse can be found on the other side on Asus K53E it will fix the problem.

Comment

thats a jumper !
                            like crossing a side to another side.
                            voltage bridge
                            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem. I changed the charging port and the screen now has no back light. Does anyone have a solution for this yet? Seems this is the only thread on the net with any decent info about this problem. Hope someone did find a fuse/resistor which is responsible for it.

Thank you.

Comment

Same problem as who??? there are various problems with various machines in this thread. State clearly what your machine is make model variant and the problem together with clear pictures of your inverter board and we might be able to help.

Comment

Sorry should have been more clear. I have the same issue as OP. The motherboard is from an Asus X53e model but the main board has listed on it K53SD rev 2.3. I dismantled the laptop to service he charging port. I did not need to replace the port as it had only become loose from its pad on the main board. I used a soldering iron to re-establish connection between the legs and board.

After that I proceeded to put the laptop back together when I thought I would double check everything. I connected the keyboard, screen cable and battery. I powered the laptop on and it was fine except the back light not showing.

I have looked at the board under a microscope and cannot see any visible damaged components.

I am away from my workshop now so will get some photos posted of the board tomorrow.

Thank you.

Comment

place a jumper over the FET S to D (LCD power) under pin No 1 of lcd jack on main board.

Comment

Happy new year everyone. Been under the weather recently so didn't jave a chance to give an update. Pretty much still in the same situation. IT Vendor, are you able to point out on a photo of the part needing a jumper?

Comment

Have you been able to get any Pictures yet?

I think he means an 8 legged component but need to see your board and also
                                        need the part number off the component.

Someone else has also mentioned the 0 rated resistor if you have one of those you could test it same as a fuse.
                                        Last edited by selldoor; 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Hi, have attached some photos to this. There was a 0 component there which I tried to jump to see if it makes a difference, but no luck.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by gridl0ck; 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X