ACER ASPIRE 5733 Voltage flactuating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER ASPIRE 5733 Voltage flactuating

thanks for the response i tried that by putting the ground black probe and red to each pin of isl chip only pin12 and pin13 is beeping on the schematic it shows gnd and pgnd

Comment

i found only PR353 and checked on continuity it shows 0L and in diode mode is shows 0.393v

Comment

Black probe to motherboard gnd.
        Red probe swipe through each pjns
        Change isl chip
        Last edited by Stevie2001; 05-27-2018, 05:13 AM.

Comment

already done replacing the chip as mentioned in my first post i checked the same way only pin12 and pin13 is beeping to the ground the rest pins not beeping pin12 is gnd and pin13 is pgnd

Comment

1: check VINN voltage line near pq51pin 8,7,6,5 if 19v.
            2: check voltage on pq51 pin 1.
            3 pq52 check pin4 and pin8.
            4 pu17 check pin24 voltage
            Work from. Here

Last edited by Stevie2001; 05-27-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

now its stable voltages on pq52 i just replaced it again with new one mosfet but there is another problem if i plugged the charger it taking 0.240amps on bench lab but when i touch and measured this cap near SIO chip, it drops to 0.001 amps and can turn on and goes off back to 0.240 amps and when i touch with the probe again it shows 0.001.maybe someone replaced this cap here is the image of the cap if i touch the ground side with probe it goes to 0.001 and can turn on the laptop then goes off and back to 0.240amps
              Attached Files
              Last edited by String2016; 05-27-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

stevie2001 / steve22 he`s already tested the voltage,if you read through the whole thread you`ll see .
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by String2016 View Post
                  now its stable voltages on pq52 i just replaced it again with new one mosfet but there is another problem if i plugged the charger it taking 0.240amps on bench lab but when i touch and measured this cap near SIO chip, it drops to 0.001 amps and can turn on and goes off back to 0.240 amps and when i touch with the probe again it shows 0.001.maybe someone replaced this cap here is the image of the cap if i touch the ground side with probe it goes to 0.001 and can turn on the laptop then goes off and back to 0.240amps
                  The small IC below the cap, what part number is that on the board, PU ? . The small IC ,what pin is connected to the cap
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

replace cap and se or change pu17.

here is this small ic

test the volages on pu1000 vin.
                    also se if all pins shorted with gnd like before, u can try replace this.
                    Last edited by Stevie2001; 05-27-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

the chip is PU1000 the other side of the ceramic caps connected to PIN16 of PU1000
                      Last edited by String2016; 05-27-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

@steve2001 I already done replacing the pu17 isl chip as i mentioned on my previous post.the small ceramic cap is PC1017 one side connected to PIN16 of PU1000 and other side is connected to ground.if i touch with the probe the ground side it goes to 0.001miliamps and can turn on the laptop and the goes off and back to 0.240amps.

Comment

and i noticed also from 0.240amps if i touch with the probe the black to ground and red to ground side of cap PC1017 if i steady touch it goes to 0.150amp if i release it goes to 0.01miliamps and if i touch again it goes back to 0.150amps and if i removed goes back to 0.01miliamps and can turn on the laptop and goes off and back to 0.240amps

Comment

and i noticed also from 0.240amps if i touch with the probe the black to ground and red to ground side of cap PC1017 if i steady touch it goes to 0.150amp if i release it goes to 0.01miliamps and if i touch again it goes back to 0.150amps and if i removed goes back to 0.01miliamps and can turn on the laptop and goes off and back to 0.240amps
                            change PU1000 the PC1017 is connected to vin pin of that ic.
                            replace the ic and se

Comment

in the board that chip is TPS 51125A but in the schematic it shows richtek RT8205E does this chip defective?

Comment

in the board that chip is TPS 51125A but in the schematic it shows richtek RT8205E does this chip defective?
                                TPS51125 Dual-Synchronous, Step-Down Controller With Out
                                -of-Audio™ Operation and
                                100-mA LDOS for Notebook System Power

Wide Input Voltage Range: 5.5 V to 28 V
                                • Output Voltage Range: 2 V to 5.5 V
                                • Built-In 100-mA, 5-V and 3.3-V LDO With

PU1000 change it
                                Last edited by Stevie2001; 05-27-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Take off the cap and check voltage on pin/pad 1.

Comment

RT8205E = TPS51125A These are pin compatible . You can check the datasheets,or look for a IC compatibility list ,theres some here on badcaps https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33846

Comment

@Stevie2001/Steve22 ,the PU1000 might be bad, it might not, you have to look at everything else on the RT8205_B+ rail.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        @Stevie2001/Steve22 ,the PU1000 might be bad, it might not, you have to look at everything else on the RT8205_B+ rail.
                                        i think it's this ic causing issue. wont hurt to replace and se.
                                        the best time saver is using thermal camera at the beginning to spot main problem.

he says he has no power so it'll be ok to directly inject amps through dc jack and find heated part.

Comment

If i take that cap out ang measured each pad ground side no voltage other side stable 19v the same voltage if cap not removed.if removed amps goes to 0.350.ok thanks ill try to find the same ic and try to replaced it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X