Repairing Acer Borg Iibtdl-borg 13057-1m W/ Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing Acer Borg Iibtdl-borg 13057-1m W/ Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U

Hi Folks, i have repaired successfully an Acer Borg Iibtdl-borg 13057-1m after
    replacing a visually good cap gone bad.

It was a solid cap near a cpu which was visually perfect and it makes the board booth when it's hot.

My blog about it here
    Last edited by oktopusprime; 08-19-2017, 10:59 PM.

Re: Repairing Acer Borg Iibtdl-borg 13057-1m W/ Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U

Nice fix.
    You can gently rotate those caps left to right with pliers to snap the legs to remove them.

Comment

Okay i'll do that next time. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

This was of tremendous help. I have a very similar Acer motherboard and the computer had the same issue of no sign of life.
        Based on your “solution “ I applied used a hair dryer to heat up the components near the processor.

A few minutes into the procedure, the PC booted up!

Just ordered some replacement caps and will install and report when received.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi,
          i have this mb and it dosen't want to boot

When i power on it without ram, it beep but when i do the same with the ram, i can see the CPU fan regulate himself but no beep, no led other than a solid power led, no screen and no led when i pluged a keyboard

i have tried to heat up the mb on the oven and with a hair dryer but nothing change

did you have any tips of what i can do ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X