Samsung UE40MU6470U. TV OK but menus hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE40MU6470U. TV OK but menus hang

Set is little over a year old with not much use in that time as it is from a holiday home.
    It starts up fine from cold and displays a good image from a sat receiver on HDMI.
    Menus etc. work fine too, but only for the first minute or so, then it stops responding to the remote (led still flashes) - whatever is on the screen just stays there. Pressing the power key eventually puts it into standby.
    As an experiment, I started it up again after cooling down and just left it running, it ran faultlessly for over 30 minutes. Tried the menu again - managed a few button presses but it froze again.
    I did get as far as displaying the software version - 1009 - (current version appears to 1221) but I am hesitant about trying an update in case it freezes during the process, and we all know what can happen then, don't we?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

TIA.
    Last edited by Trevtron; 07-17-2018, 02:28 PM.

Re: Samsung UE40MU6470U. TV OK but menus hang

Start by removing the rear cover and have a look, it might be obvious what the problem is.

Comment

probably a cold solder joint somewhere or a bad IC on the mainboard. try to freeze the IC's with a can of air upside down. Or maybe you find a cheap replacement main board...

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
        Funnily enough, this is probably the first TV I haven't taken the back off to 'have a look', because it's the most awkward one I've ever seen! No screws, just those horrible snap clips around the edge. And I mean 'snap', because one's broken already
        So I am being very careful as I don't want it to end up in a worse state than it is already. That frame is perilously close to the LCD panel. I will have another go tonight with one of those plastic phone openers.

Comment

Main Bd issue. Perhaps a software update might help

Comment

Don't open it, it's most probably a software issue, let update it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              Don't open it, it's most probably a software issue, let update it.
              +10..Can you supply the Firmware to do the update??

Comment

Working...
              X