Supertech (STech) Any Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supertech (STech) Any Good?

I've got 1000 of their 2200uF capacitors, low ESR version. Long life rated 2000 hours. Friends who have experience with them recommended them for use with things like power supplies and light motherboard application due to their incredibly low ESR and good life span. They claim 2000 hours for long life, but I've had no problems with them at all so far, and they beat Sanyo's when it comes to low ESR. I got 0.04 from one, spec is 0.08 with 20% tolerance.

These things get really low, I got one that was 0.03, lowest I've ever seen from an electrolytic. I want to order more, but I'm unsure. Friends say I'll see between 2000-2500 hours from them normally, and they've been making the same caps for over 10 years, and the company is quite a bit older than that.

What do you guys think?
    Popcorn.

Re: Supertech (STech) Any Good?

post pics.first i have heard of them.

Comment

I thought supertech was a walmart brand...

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
        post pics.first i have heard of them.
        Found @ supertech.com.tw

They are BIG players in the hifi audio game. They are the only manufacturer exclusively allowed to produce DNM's Slit Foil 2TN and 4TTN guided current capacitors.

Pics:

Popcorn.

Comment

That AVR tester? Is it calibrated?

Anyway, most crap caps test in spec new for long time now, they at least learned that (well, besides cheap high-voltage caps, there are still fake capacities in El Cheapo PSUs). That says nothing about the actual quality.

I am going to stock Suncons WG by the end of the year, still gonna use those over some no-name any day of the week.
          Last edited by Behemot; 02-10-2017, 01:24 PM.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
            That AVR tester? Is it calibrated?

Anyway, most crap caps test in spec new for long time now, they at least learned that (well, besides cheap high-voltage caps, there are still fake capacities in El Cheapo PSUs). That says nothing about the actual quality.

I am going to stock Suncons WG by the end of the year, still gonna use those over some no-name any day of the week.
            Believe it or not, it has a self calibration feature in it which you can run by pressing the on/test button 3 times in quick succession.

It seems to be quite accurate though, it tests within a few % of what my Excelvan meter does, and that one is nearly accurate as it is (surprisingly). All however are compared to an ExTech True RMS multimeter, which they all measure close to.

So I have no complaints for what it is, it was cheap.
            Popcorn.

Comment

AVR tester calibrates by connecting all three leads, it can not calibrate itself by connecting nothing. I think you should study something about ohmic resistance and stuff.
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

AVR tester calibrates by connecting all three leads, it can not calibrate itself by connecting nothing. I think you should study something about ohmic resistance and stuff.
                If you press the button 3 times, it goes into a "self test" mode. It then seems to test 3 different resistances and then reports back what it found. It's weird I'll try to get it to do it again and see what you guys think.

Edit: I would assume by self test, it is testing itself for accuracy, correct?
                Popcorn.

Comment

I dunno, but the point of calibration especially for cap measurement is to substract the impedance and parasitic capacity of the leads. Ordinary cable probes are around 0.3 ohm, this will certainly be something like 0.05-0.1 ohm.

Comment

I dunno, but the point of calibration especially for cap measurement is to substract the impedance and parasitic capacity of the leads. Ordinary cable probes are around 0.3 ohm, this will certainly be something like 0.05-0.1 ohm.
                    I do not use leads to connect this at all to the capacitor, it is connected directly to the meter.

As for the Excelvan, it can be zeroed by pressing a zero button with the leads detached from one another, and then it will zero.

As for the ExTech, it is using the original probes that came with it and it claims to be True RMS, so far it's been pretty good to me so I have no complaints. It was also a pretty expensive meter, (around 150-175ish at the time).
                    Popcorn.

Comment

Does not see that way on the image.

Comment

Does not see that way on the image.
                        What do you mean? The capacitor attaches directly to the meter, you stick the leads of the cap into the meter, push the lever on the right to secure, them, and wait for it to measure.

I don't know what you mean here.
                        Popcorn.

Comment

And there is no resistance or? Isn't that socket removable?

Comment

And there is no resistance or? Isn't that socket removable?
                            Yes, the socket is removable, however I checked earlier today after seeing your comment and the reading has no change with or without that socket. When you said leads I got confused as to which device you were referring too, so my replies might have been a little bit backwards there
                            Popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                            X