Pioneer VSX-521, doesnt power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-521, doesnt power up

can anyone please help me find a schematic for this reciever?

I found a shorted output but only one of (what looks like to me) a darlinton pair. do i have to change both if only one is shorted?

they are part numbers 5160 (shorted) and D2390

there is a TO-220 case inbetween the darlinton pair, what is this?

K
    C3964

Re: Pioneer VSX-521, doesnt power up

C3964 =
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thankyou so much for the reply I got the data sheet but was looking more for the purpose of that piece and if I should check or replace it.

I've never seen one in the middle of a darlington pair like this

Comment

Originally posted by scampo77 View Post
        Thankyou so much for the reply I got the data sheet but was looking more for the purpose of that piece and if I should check or replace it.

I've never seen one in the middle of a darlington pair like this
        Maybe the VBE transistor, used to stabilize the quiescent current of the output stage (Bias) in all temperatures of operation...

Comment

does anyone know where i can get schematics?

can i replace just one transistor in a darlington pair? (if only one is shorted)

Comment

Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

BUD!!!! where have you been hiding?

thanks for the schematic!!!!!

Comment

i got the output in the mail and installed it and it still doesnt power up.

I followed the diagnostics sflow chart and right at the begining it says to check for 12v at plug CP1304. this seems to be a plug where the digital stuff gets its supply voltage from and it seems to come right from the power supply. i have 110v coming in and the fuse is good.

do these linear transformers fail? im not sure what to do next because the flow chart just says "if you dont have volatge then to check the main board. im not sure what to check next

the plug CP1304 is on page 102 of the schematics that bud was kind enough to put up.

Comment

can anyone offer some advice? i can take more pictures if it will help

Comment

I am still struggling with this amp and could sure use some help.

i put a picture up of the standby board what is FLAC and FLCT?

and standby relay has no voltage when i push the on off button.

I do have voltage (10v) at standby VCC

what actually happens when i push the power button? and shouldnt i have voltage to drive a standby LED?

HELP
                    Attached Files

Comment

hi there, i am facing a strange issue on my vsx 821. After reseting the unit it woks for days! after turn it off for hours , it go bck dead, no power! i have to reset it again to make it working for days!!!! i couldnt find any short on the main board or amp section. Any help? thx.

Comment

I will guess that FLAC is FLourescentAC for the display and maybe Flourescent Circuit for the other. Find out how to bypass the power button by jumpering at the HDMI board and see if listen for your relay to click. Or even easier tap it with the butt end of a screwdriver several times and press the button to see if it's sticking.

I think these also blow the small inline fuse on the primary winding of the transformer but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                        X