• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: REMOVE PASSWORD EPSON EMP-400We

Originally posted by stj View Post
    still waiting for you to look at the pcb - it's clearly marked on it
    Hi ser.

Thanks a lot for your nice reply.

Cant' fegure where is pins must i short it for reset password here i tack a screen of second side of pcb.

Can you pls show me where? https://postimg.cc/F1v9HT04

a nice day

Comment

pads
      Attached Files

Comment

pads
        Hi ser.

Thanks alot for your greet efforts.

must i short PW-RST and power on set?

dont' wanna damage device need exactly procces for reseting password

Best Regards

Comment

i think so - then it should reset to the default factory password

Comment

i think so - then it should reset to the default factory password
            hi ser

would you like tell us exactly how reset password if you know how pls tell us step by step even thow its so easy but cant' reset that passwrd
            i try both methode i short Pw-rst its' power offand pw-nmi nothing happend

enjoy

Comment

The factory default password is to hold down the number button and press 1793 on the remote control
              did you try it?

Comment

The factory default password is to hold down the number button and press 1793 on the remote control
                did you try it?
                Hi ser.

thanks alot for your interressing

yes ser here is what i did

i short Pw-rst with powerd set and set shutdown and i power on agin and i press and hold num button about 3 second and press 1793 nothings happend and i short pw-nmi it did nothing

i also keep num button pressed and dial 1793 also nothings happend on screen .

now i short both of them Pw-rst & pw-nmi and nothing happend

have a nice day
                Last edited by ramoon20; 12-16-2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

no idea at this point,
                  i dont have one here

Comment

Sorry to bump this year old topic, but... I come with good news;

I managed to get ahold of such projector for 30 EUR second hand. Came without a remote. So I used a Logitech Harmony 300 to mimic it's movements (USE profile Epson EMP-822H) because the correct one does not have the button bindings for 0-9 keys !

When the projector was connected to the mains outlet, the standby LED was on. And shorted the two pins RST-PW a few times. Maybe later on i've turned on the projector while 'running' and did the same. I recommend to try the 'passive' power mode for the reset first.

The beamer went in panic mode, because of the lamp-cover sensor which did not register as closed, while the complete top was off of it. It runs without the cover, the almost 'dummy' keypad in the top cover was not needed to operate the projector.

Also managed to connect it trough a lan cable, and manage it by "epson projector management ver 5.20" however not much was interesting to change of modify.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to mention, once the projector is turned on without the coversensor of the lamp engaged; it will not start properly. You will need to turn it off fully, engage the little switch (so that it is shorting) and you can run the projector topless. For the reset purpose.

After the reset the code 1793 was accepted into the projector and the boot logo and warning will remain each time you will power it up. I have not succeeded to either change or remove the security features. As I suspect these are part of the firmware. As you'll need the remote anyhow to turn it on, the four digits passcode (1793) are not that big of a problem.

For me it was the absolute thrill to get this thing back to operation again, otherwise it would be e-waste. And 10.000 views in this topics shows, that more people will be able to repurpose old electronics that otherwise would go into the landfills. Here in The Netherlands you literally drown in the ultrashort throw projectors from epson. As they get scrapped from educational and medical industries after certain years of use, and go for almost little to nothing second hand.

Also thanks to the other contributors in this topic regarding the discovery of the reset feature.

Comment

Hi,
                        I have an Epson emp-x5e model product.
                        It is completely locked because it has been entered 30 times.
                        Even though I made a pw-rst contact on the motherboard, I could not turn on the device in any way.
                        Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

• SMDFlea
                          SMDFlea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Off topic,this thread is only for the model in the thread title EMP-400We

Originally posted by Gokhanscn View Post
                        Hi,
                        I have an Epson emp-x5e model product.
                        It is completely locked because it has been entered 30 times.
                        Even though I made a pw-rst contact on the motherboard, I could not turn on the device in any way.
                        Do you have any suggestions?
                        Hi,
                        Yes I know.
                        but the problem is exactly the same.
                        That's why I wrote it here because I thought the same solutions might work.

Comment

maybe the NMI jumper can override the timer,
                          just a thought, but once it works - try changing the pin to "0000"

i know on some car audio systems if you change the pin to all zero's it stops asking for it.

Comment

maybe the NMI jumper can override the timer,
                            just a thought, but once it works - try changing the pin to "0000"

i know on some car audio systems if you change the pin to all zero's it stops asking for it.
                            I contacted both pw-rst and pw_nmi.
                            But after the screen is turned on, the lock message does not go away and a screen for entering the password does not appear.

Comment

what if you leave it like that or in standby for a day?
                              maybe it resets?

Comment

Working...
                              X