AS15-G Pinout schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS15-G Pinout schematic?

Does anyone have the pin layout for the AS15-G chip? I've been searching but only found one for the AS15-F so far..

Re: AS15-G Pinout schematic?

as15-f=as15-g=as15-u= as15-hf=tsl1014if=hx8915a=ec5575=sl1015i=rm5101=aat7200=
    all are equal.

Comment

G = Green (not color) package
      Attached Files
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Wait so they are all the same? Does that mean I would be able to replace a defective AS15-F chip with an AS15-G and itll be fine?

Comment

Yup, just figured this myself

Comment

Interesting... Its strange how the AS15-U chip I had to buy was 15$ (in the US)... while all the others AS15-F and AS15-G only costs around 5$. Good note.

Comment

Check out this bodge job I just finished on the AS15-G chip.

I was given a free 40" sony kdl-40z4100 that was diagnosed by a "sony technician" saying it was a bad panel. I brought home the tv expecting to just part it out but saw that the screen is just extremely overbrightened in white (typical AS15 failure). Usually I don't mess up removing these types of chips but somehow this one was not so lucky... Accidently stripped off 11 traces for the as15 chip....

I was just going to replace the entire tcon (55.40T02.C05) but the lowest priced was $125 and from china...
              Took while to figure out where the traces led but eventually I figured out most of them. (I noticed much half of the pins actually go to ground) need to figure out how to put over the metal heatsink but in the end finally got the TV back to normal...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Glitcher; 12-21-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I have a failed KDL-40Z4100 with the "negative image / white haze" problem which I am going to replace the AS15 chip on. During removal of the AS15 when the traces came off were you using a soldering iron or a hot air tool?

I am planning on using a hot air rework station but just wondering how easy the traces might be to lift off the board.

Also do you know if the AS15 was glued to the PCB?

Comment

I was using a hot air tool over the chip (Hot air gun). It would of probably been much easier with a hot air rework station, I need to get one of those soon. The chip seem harder to get off this board than usual but I don't think there was any glue used.

I only life 2 traces the first time when I removed the original chip. I placed a new chip on and soldered the two wires for the lifted traces but it didn't fix the contrast problem entirely (I didn't wire it correctly hence I had to add two little resistors when I finally got it right in the end) . I removed the new chip again and ended up lifting even more traces...
                  Last edited by Glitcher; 02-12-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Try and cut the pins off the IC with a razor knife or side cutters if you can, then just wipe all the pins off with a soldering iron. I find if you are careful this will work way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitcher View Post
                      Check out this bodge job I just finished on the AS15-G chip.

I was given a free 40" sony kdl-40z4100 that was diagnosed by a "sony technician" saying it was a bad panel. I brought home the tv expecting to just part it out but saw that the screen is just extremely overbrightened in white (typical AS15 failure). Usually I don't mess up removing these types of chips but somehow this one was not so lucky... Accidently stripped off 11 traces for the as15 chip....

I was just going to replace the entire tcon (55.40T02.C05) but the lowest priced was $125 and from china...
                      Took while to figure out where the traces led but eventually I figured out most of them. (I noticed much half of the pins actually go to ground) need to figure out how to put over the metal heatsink but in the end finally got the TV back to normal...
                      That is sick. I've pulled tracings before and had to add jumpers but this takes the cake. You should win a prize for this one. Lol
                      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Hello everybody! I'll use this thread, instead of open a new one.

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        G = Green (not color) package
                        I need replace an AS15-U. Could I use an AS15-F? Because I have soldered one AS15F in a T-CON with a AS15U originally, and still fail... ¿¿??

Comment

I changed one Yesterday--And I changed one today Haha!

Will have to order some more. Ones Ive got at the mo are 'F' types but use 'em to replace Any AS-15 I find dead.
                          --Getting quite quick at 'em now, Under 5 mins today.

You can get some Strange effects from them, From Very Dark, to Very Light, Weird too high contrast--maybe negative picture, odd colour, loss of a range of colours, Colour reversal--List is endless as to the weirdness of the AS-15F and its friends, also--they don't always get red hot when they fail...
                          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                            You can get some Strange effects from them, From Very Dark, to Very Light, Weird too high contrast--maybe negative picture, odd colour, loss of a range of colours, Colour reversal--
                            I have this (near to 100% white image, with sound).

Faulty T-CON & AS15-U? Only change AS15 fix it? Any fuse or diode?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by PatrickSaw; 01-08-2016, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickSaw View Post
                              I have this (near to 100% white image, with sound).

Faulty T-CON & AS15-U? Only change AS15 fix it? Any fuse or diode?
                              And this is the T-CON
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by PatrickSaw; 01-08-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Best way to find if the AS-15 is messing round is to measure all the 'VGAMA' test-points--There's about 20 of 'em....

They should start low, at just under a volt or so and show a climbing voltage range, with around 0.5V higher with advancing VGAMA number test-point....

0.5V Vgama 1
                                1V Vgama 2
                                1.5V Vgama 3 etc, upwards.....

IF there's a large jump in the trend or a missing voltage on one or two--the AS-15 is stuffed. A chip thats too hot to touch is another (But not always) an indication....

Take all the voltage readings, and post 'em here with their ref numbers.
                                TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                                  Best way to find if the AS-15 is messing round is to measure all the 'VGAMA' test-points--There's about 20 of 'em....

They should start low, at just under a volt or so and show a climbing voltage range, with around 0.5V higher with advancing VGAMA number test-point....

0.5V Vgama 1
                                  1V Vgama 2
                                  1.5V Vgama 3 etc, upwards.....

IF there's a large jump in the trend or a missing voltage on one or two--the AS-15 is stuffed. A chip thats too hot to touch is another (But not always) an indication....

Take all the voltage readings, and post 'em here with their ref numbers.
                                  Thanks so much!! Still pending!!

Comment

Also worth noting is that the raydium RM5101 is a direct replacement for the AS15's,
                                    Much more reliable, but also a little more expensive.
                                    Another point is avoid buying the cheap as15's from china-many are out of spec,or don't work at all!

Comment

Originally posted by steviewonder View Post
                                      Another point is avoid buying the cheap as15's from china-many are out of spec,or don't work at all!
                                      I have had one bad new Chinese and thus most good....cost only about $1.00.
                                      BTW, AS15 and AS19 are not the same...
                                      A microscope to check each leg connect is very helpful !

Terry

Comment

As15-f 0808bg b8110168 what do the numbers mean

Comment

Working...
                                        X