X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

Joined this forum looking for help troubleshooting portable electronics. Specifically, I have 3 Garmin RINO 530 HCx units. One is giving me some technical problems. Garmin has discontinued the 530 line of RINO's. Before I sell and make the jump to the 600 series was hoping for some help.

Mark

Comment

Hey, successfully replaced 7 bad caps on my bell expressvu 9242 and now have the bug to try and repair my HK TS15 sub woofer that is stuck in standby and my Pan TC-P50S30 that has the seven blinks of death.

Comment

I'm not really an electronics person (more software...) but I have used a soldering iron a few times over the years.

I've joined BadCaps as my Hanns-G HG281D monitor is showing symptoms that suggest there is a bad capacitor somewhere, and this seems to be the best technical rsource dealing with that issue.

I'm looking forward to learning more.

Comment

Dear Badcap members,

I am making my first post on the forum.

Wishing everyone well.

mikef

Comment

Joined here because my neighbor gave me a tv when he moved, and I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems. I have some experience with repairing monitors and stuff, but can't seem to get the tv to work.

Comment

Hi,

I've replaced plenty of bad caps over the years on my own, but now I'm stumped by my TV. This forum has a very impressive community of intelligent posters, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it, and hopefully helping out as well!

Comment

Hello friends, my name is Moises Calderon, i am write of Lima Peru, working in broadcast radio, directed a FM radio, best regards

Comment

Hello everyone! As I read through many of your backgrounds I realize that I'm definitely in the right place. I come from mechanical experience, and unlike most of you, I have only basic experience with electronics and electrical work. But I'm eager to learn and to be able to contribute in the future as I do! I will try to be a polite noob and refrain from redundant questions. I greatly value your time, responses, and the knowledge your willing to share. Thank you all in advance! Here's to my newest pursuit! :-)

Comment

Hello all,

New member from Virginia. Trying to repair a Samsung dtb h260f. I will use the search function first, but may need some guidance.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm glad to be a member of such a friendly forum. PLEASE ACCEPT ME.
                      I'm from Canada. I was searching the net, looking for help to repair a tv set when I found
                      " bad caps". I'm a biologist, used to research in genetics. Since childhood, I have had a passion to fiddle with electronics and cars. Anytime I get my hands on an electronic device or a car with a problem, it fascinates me to search and find a way to repair the problem. After genetics, I pursued studying electricity and some basic electronics which helped me to get my licenses in electrical and fire alarm. Now these days I'm semi retired and I help anyone that needs help. And HOPE to get help when I need. I volunteer by helping the community and new incomers to the country.
                      I believe, Our LIFE is a ONE WAY PATH, if someone asks for HELP, and we can help, we should do it RIGHT AWAY, tomorrow MIGHT BE LATE.
                      Please be patient with my questions and lack of electronics knowledge. I am a fast learner. I hope to be able to find the problems to the component level with your help and expertise.
                      Thank you Mo and all other people who have made this forum so friendly.
                      Best regards to all.

Comment

Hello, my name is Branislav. I am not very experienced with electronic, but I like to learn. I joined to get help with my Apple Macintosh projects. I am trying:
                        1.- Hack brocken iMac G5 17" (PPC) into monitor to be used with MacMini.
                        2.- Hack iSub speaker (working with iMac G5) to be used with Intel MacMini.
                        Hope someone have experience and nowledge and is willing to help!

Comment

Greetings. Hope to learn and share info regarding repairing or restoring vintage equipment.

Comment

New member here.
                            I found this board while looking for info on how to fix my son's TV. I've got experience with radios and antennas, but havent touched a TV in 20+ years. 12-15 years ago I was pretty good with computers. Did repair and networking for a living. Totally left the industry for 12 yrs and I am now all but lost when trying to solve a computer problem. Hopefully some of my experience might be helpful to someone here someday. In the mean time, I hope to learn some of the stuff I forgot by reading your posts.
                            Thanks for having me.
                            Mark

Comment

Hi All

Jim Annison here.

Spent most of my life in consumer electronics. Starting off with black and white valve TVs. Still pulling my hair out (what little is left) 50 years later, trying to repair plasma and lcd TVS

Originally from England where I worked for Granada TV. Moved to Cape Town South Africa for the start of TV and I am still here.

Jim

Comment

Hello Gentlemen and Experts

I found this great forum. I have some basic electronics experience and I'm knowledge quite well with electrolytics.
                                Hope to find some helpful information from the experts. I look forward to interesting discussions.

Regards
                                Hannesmen

Comment

Hi all, I've been an electrical/mechanical engineer/lecturer for over 30 years. My original trade is electronics but since then I've worked in plastics, robotics, and electronic security for the last 14 years.
                                  Been building PC's for years but will have a crack at anything.

Comment

Hi All,

I have kept one 9 year old RCA LCD going with information from this site on replacing 19 caps on the power supply.

I'm finally joining now to have access to the full site (especially image attachments).

Thanks for hosting this great community!

Peace,
                                    Aaron

Comment

Hi,

I'm beui. I glad I found your forum and hope it will be of asistance in the future.

Comment

Hey guys,
                                        Guess I'll introduce myself. I've been fixing laptops and monitors for a little while with varying degrees of success. It's been a fun little hobby that helps make a little money sometimes too =)

Comment

Hi there my name is Jean R i am new here and thanks for letting me in this forum i got some knolege of electronics but i never was close to mit so i often need help in my
                                          repairs

Comment

Working...
                                          X