Samsung UE32D4010 Backlight problem, led ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE32D4010 Backlight problem, led ok

hello I have a backlight problem on this TV, if I unplug the cn201 cable the backlight works perfectly and the voltages are 13v if I connect the cn201 cable the backlight goes off and the voltage drops to 12v, I assume it's a motherboard problem, the question is has anyone had a similar problem? I want to understand if the motherboard is repairable or it's not worth wasting time
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fanaticgames; 02-22-2023, 10:47 AM.

Re: UE3204010 Backlight problem, led ok

manca la marca e il modello รจ scritto male...

Comment

on CNM803, check the blu-on/off pin, so meter set to dcv, black probe on chassis ground, red probe on that blu-on pin, check in standby[tv plugged in but off], take note, leaving the probes where they are, power on tv, take note, does the voltage change and what is the voltage.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-22-2023, 10:05 AM.

Comment

This is an English language only site, at least that's what it use to be.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          on CNM803, check the blu-on/off pin, so meter set to dcv, black probe on chassis ground, red probe on that blu-on pin, check in standby[tv plugged in but off], take note, leaving the probes where they are, power on tv, take note, does the voltage change and what is the voltage.
          0v standby
          4,4v power on

Comment

Re: Samsung UE32D4010 Backlight problem, led ok

ok, thats seems good.

Comment

ok, maybe try unhook cable from mainboard to panel, turn tv on, what does it do? is the optical input lit red on mainboard?

Comment

ok, maybe try unhook cable from mainboard to panel, turn tv on, what does it do? is the optical input lit red on mainboard?
                if I unplug the display it does the same thing, the backlight goes off after 1/2 seconds, the red light of the optical port goes on normally for a few seconds and goes off

the image of the display can be seen perfectly and only that the backlight is missing

Comment

can you clarify, you mean you can see the image perfectly for 2 seconds then it goes off? if so, see if you can still see the image with a flashlight if you look really closely.

Comment

can you clarify, you mean you can see the image perfectly for 2 seconds then it goes off? if so, see if you can still see the image with a flashlight if you look really closely.
                    the display works, the backlight doesn't (it flashes as soon as I turn on the TV and then turns off), if I unplug the power supply from the motherboard the backlight works correctly

Comment

seems like a mainboard issue.

Comment

seems like a mainboard issue.
                        yes what I thought, I put the post maybe someone tried to repair the motherboard without buying a new one

Comment

you can check mainboard for voltages, video there, not in English but shows what voltages to expect on mainboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE_Sx573E_Y

Comment

there's probably more that go into greater detail on there but the search on youtube isn't that great, you would think it would be better since google owns youtube.

Comment

there's probably more that go into greater detail on there but the search on youtube isn't that great, you would think it would be better since google owns youtube.
                              if I set the film mode the brightness appears, in the other 2 modes the image is barely visible, is it a problem of exhausted led bars then?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by fanaticgames; 02-28-2023, 12:33 PM.

Comment

turn off any energy saving settings, like eco mode or whatever it might be called, do a simple reset, unplug tv, hold power button for 30 seconds, plug it back in and try it, did you try adjusting the brightness? wonder if a factory reset would help.

Comment

this seems strange, usually when it's the backlights no mode will work properly.

Comment

turn off any energy saving settings, like eco mode or whatever it might be called, do a simple reset, unplug tv, hold power button for 30 seconds, plug it back in and try it, did you try adjusting the brightness? wonder if a factory reset would help.
                                    tried another motherboard, it does the exact same thing, I think it's the exhausted LED lamps

Comment

this seems strange, usually when it's the backlights no mode will work properly.
                                      Yes I know but also because now I noticed that the backlight is shaking cold
                                      Last edited by fanaticgames; 03-01-2023, 03:38 AM.

Comment

well, guess its time to strip it down and investigate the backlights, just treat the panel gently, luckily it's a 32 and shouldn't be too hard to manage, can take video or pictures along the way if anything looks like it would be hard to remember how to re-assemble, need to be careful not to rip or stress the panel board connections to the screen.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-01-2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X