Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2023, 09:26 AM   #21
Dannyx
CertifiedAxhole
 
Dannyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
City & State: Constanta
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco82 View Post
I made measurements on hdmi. All values ​​are normal, resistance high.

I took measurements in all possible places. The L408 has a fairly low resistance of 28 Ohms. I don't know if it's supposed to be that low.
L408 reads ~700kOhms to GND on mine with IC401 removed, so it looks like there's still hope...for mine

I made another discovery after I read about it happening to another chap: I never would've even considered checking that area myself, but SMD cap C508 next to the audio jack is dead-short...I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that, so if someone else can confirm, that would be great Cheers.
__________________
Wattevah...
Dannyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:24 PM   #22
Draco82
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
City & State: Frankenthal
My Country: Niemcy
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 8
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyx View Post
L408 reads ~700kOhms to GND on mine with IC401 removed, so it looks like there's still hope...for mine

I made another discovery after I read about it happening to another chap: I never would've even considered checking that area myself, but SMD cap C508 next to the audio jack is dead-short...I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that, so if someone else can confirm, that would be great Cheers.

There is a short on my C508 after removing the c508 there is still a short.
Draco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:34 PM   #23
Dannyx
CertifiedAxhole
 
Dannyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
City & State: Constanta
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco82 View Post
There is a short on my C508 after removing the c508 there is still a short.
Could be the connector itself then - I read some people removed it entirely, though I'm not sure it's related to this particular cap - it could be a switch inside the jack. We should measure with a jack inserted, see if it changes anything. I think it's one of those combined optical/analog jacks, so maybe a DC short there is normal....won't know until someone else can confirm, or I do it myself at some point...

EDIT: just in case it helps anyone, this is the closest service manual that I was able to find. The part numbers don't all match unfortunately, so we have to go by similarities, rather than exact components...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 27gl850.pdf (15.64 MB, 32 views)

Last edited by Dannyx; 03-20-2023 at 02:40 PM..
Dannyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:20 PM   #24
Draco82
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
City & State: Frankenthal
My Country: Niemcy
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 8
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyx View Post
Could be the connector itself then - I read some people removed it entirely, though I'm not sure it's related to this particular cap - it could be a switch inside the jack. We should measure with a jack inserted, see if it changes anything. I think it's one of those combined optical/analog jacks, so maybe a DC short there is normal....won't know until someone else can confirm, or I do it myself at some point...

EDIT: just in case it helps anyone, this is the closest service manual that I was able to find. The part numbers don't all match unfortunately, so we have to go by similarities, rather than exact components...


I also removed the audio jack. It wouldn't boot without a socket either.
Draco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:23 PM   #25
Dannyx
CertifiedAxhole
 
Dannyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
City & State: Constanta
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

You also read low ohms on L408, unlike mine, so at this point I'm pretty stuck as to what else you could try...
Dannyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:46 PM   #26
Draco82
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
City & State: Frankenthal
My Country: Niemcy
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 8
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyx View Post
You also read low ohms on L408, unlike mine, so at this point I'm pretty stuck as to what else you could try...

Without a schematic or a second working motherboard, I can't check anything else. I did most of the things I could do to get this motherboard to work
Draco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:15 AM   #27
Dannyx
CertifiedAxhole
 
Dannyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
City & State: Constanta
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco82 View Post
Without a schematic or a second working motherboard, I can't check anything else. I did most of the things I could do to get this motherboard to work
See if the schematic I posted at #17 helps in the slightest.
Dannyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:50 AM   #28
Draco82
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
City & State: Frankenthal
My Country: Niemcy
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 8
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyx View Post
See if the schematic I posted at #17 helps in the slightest.
I looked at this diagram and there are quite a few differences. Voltage measurements are fine, it looks like either the processor or the memory chip is dead.

I think I'll give it a rest with this monitor because the time I lose on repair is not commensurate with the value of this monitor.
Draco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:14 AM   #29
Draco82
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
City & State: Frankenthal
My Country: Niemcy
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 8
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

I managed to buy a damaged board with a working processor. After replacing the processor, the monitor turned on. The resistance on the L408 coil must be in Kilo Ohms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230411_150227.jpg (775.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20230411_150245.jpg (795.6 KB, 15 views)
Draco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:27 AM   #30
Draco82
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
City & State: Frankenthal
My Country: Niemcy
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 8
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

I managed to buy a damaged board with a working processor. After replacing the processor, the monitor turned on. The resistance on the L408 coil must be in Kilo Ohms.
Draco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:25 AM   #31
Dannyx
CertifiedAxhole
 
Dannyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
City & State: Constanta
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco82 View Post
I managed to buy a damaged board with a working processor. After replacing the processor, the monitor turned on. The resistance on the L408 coil must be in Kilo Ohms.
Mine does, so there's still hope
Dannyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 05:07 AM   #32
Dannyx
CertifiedAxhole
 
Dannyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
City & State: Constanta
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: LG 27GL63T-B completely dead

No dice. Mine's also dead. I replaced IC401 and restored the missing power rails, but no other reaction, not even the power LED comes on, so either the main IC died like I suspected, or there's a firmware issue
Dannyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums 2003 - 2023
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 PM.
Did you find this forum helpful?