X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon AVR-X2500H burnt HDMI5

Hi everyone,
    i've made a mistake due to haste.
    I was soldering an HDMI male plug of a 15mt cable, while i forgot the other side connected to HDMI5 input of my Denon AVR-X2500H (that was off in standby, anyway).
    During the soldering process, i've seen a little spark from a wire, when i was soldering it with my soldering iron tip.
    After that, i've checked on the rear of the AV and I saw the HDMI5 male connected (the other side of the cable).
    I've immediately disconnected it, but it was too late.
    HDMI5 input is not working anymore, blank screen.
    Fortunately other HDMI inputs are working good, but i would like to fix the broken one.
    I've downloaded X2500H service manual, but it's not easy to troubleshoot.
    It's necessary to buy a kit that is expensive and not available.
    Could you help me?
    Hope it's not necessary to replace the entire MN864788 IC.

Thank you

Re: Denon AVR-X2500H burnt HDMI5

It is rather more likely, that you will need to replace MN864788 I'm afraid.

Comment

X2. you can try doing some impedance checks (with the power disconnected!) comparing results with the working ports to the bad port. You might get lucky and track down an smd cap / resistor that is bad but odds are high that you caused problems to the large multi pin QFP as mentioned.

Comment

many thanks guys, then I'm going to buy a MN864788 replacement...hope to solve the issue! I'll let you know

Comment

Ic is very likely but check first those transistors 1011 and 1012 . Also you have some 0ohm resistors that might be there as fusible links that are worth checking 1125,1127,1129

Comment

Working...
          X