Smd resistor alternativ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smd resistor alternativ

Hi I have two smd resistors of different value one R100 and the other R220 that I want to replace what alternative value can I have ? they are from two different HD motherboard that I am trying to repai

Re: Smd resistor alternativ

do you have any more clues ?

Comment

Hi petehall347. have you read what was the solution for Skodan that you helped to solve ? Read it because it was a very funny problem. what more clues do you want?

Comment

post me a link to that thread .
        with your resistors it all depends on the circuit etc .

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=bohaboha .it's to a hard drive that both don't work if you want a picture of them? but in general which is the closest replacement that you can use because I don't have at home

Comment

If the smd resistors are labeled like this : "R100" , "R220" , then they are 0.1 ohms and 0.22 ohms . Their size is important also , but usually in Hard drives , they're 2 Watts .

Comment

thank you very much I am trying to find similar on my HD cards parts but no on 15 almost similar cards therefore now I am looking for Equivalent if you can advise me

Comment

Wait, does the resistor say Rxxx on it, or does the board say Rxxx on it? If the labels are on the resistors then they indicate size like jiroy mentioned, but if they're on the board then they're just an internal reference number for the board designer and factory to use and don't tell us much without a boardview or schematic.

The best way to get a value is to remove the parts and measure them as small SMD resistors are often not labeled. Then a measurement of length and width (usu. in thousandths of an inch, easiest to measure mm and convert, or use calipers) will tell you what package you need to order.

Edit: dad gum typos...
                Last edited by JNP-3R; 02-14-2023, 12:15 AM.
                All we have is each other. PLUR y'all!

Comment

Working...
                X