Crestron TPS-2000L with Sharp LQ5AW136R panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crestron TPS-2000L with Sharp LQ5AW136R panel

I have numerous Creston TPS-2000L touchpanel home automation devices, which incorporate a Sharp LQ5AW136R panel. They all exhibit the same fault. They are about 10-15 years old.

The fault can be seen in the attached photo. Basically the displays are all washed out, to be point of being unreadable.

Clearly it's an issue with the panel. But my question is whether it's just aging related (e.g. all the pixels in the LCD wearing out) or whether it could actually be a more specific component (i.e. one capable of being individually replaced). I've seen suggestions on other similar faults (though not on this panel) that e.g. the gamma correction IC could be the issue. See e.g. here

New panels are available, but they would need shipping from abroad and are quite expensive. The Crestron device itself is EOL. If it's likely to be an individual IC, I'd much rather just replace that.

Any help appreciated - thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Crestron TPS-2000L with Sharp LQ5AW136R panel

We need to see some photos of the boards inside.

Comment

Re: Crestron TPS-2000L with Sharp LQ5AW136R panel

Originally posted by diif View Post
      We need to see some photos of the boards inside.
      Thanks. I would need to strip it down to get those photos. There's some info on the panel here, but no pictures of the boards inside.

I was hoping to get a steer based on others' experience on the likelihood of it being fixable. If it's highly likely to be the LCD matrix itself, rather than a discrete component on the board, then probably not much point in spending the time to take it apart.

If the reality is that the answer is "who knows" without seeing the board, then I'll take it apart and post some pictures.

Comment

Working...
      X