Monitor making weird noise when charging resolution or in standby mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor making weird noise when charging resolution or in standby mode

Hello, guys i need some help, i have an old fujitsu siemens LCD monitor, and is making weird noise when is changing resolution or in standby mode.

I open it up, to see if it is any hardware damage, but i only see 2 capacitors bulging on the logic board, i'll probably change them. On the power supply circuit board, only one thing caught my attention, the transformer seems to have leaked something out of it and the mess around it. Do you think there may be a problem here?
    Attached Files

Re: Monitor making weird noise when charging resolution or in standby mode

Originally posted by Antony2023 View Post
    Hello, guys i need some help, i have an old fujitsu siemens LCD monitor, and is making weird noise when is changing resolution or in standby mode.

I open it up, to see if it is any hardware damage, but i only see 2 capacitors bulging on the logic board, i'll probably change them. On the power supply circuit board, only one thing caught my attention, the transformer seems to have leaked something out of it and the mess around it. Do you think there may be a problem here?
    The transformer looks OK, just the varnish it's been dipped in.

I'd recap the power supply too.
    And as much of the signal board- those can be difficult to remove, but tinning their leads with good leaded solder can make removal easier.

Good luck!
    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
    Originally posted by shango066
    All style and no substance.
    Originally posted by smashstuff30
    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Don’t worry about that transformer, it came out of the factory like that.

Comment

When the power supply caps croak, it stresses the ones on the logic board.
        Just recap the PSU and those logic board caps.

Comment

Thank you all for the quick response i will recap and see if it fix it.

Comment

I managed to change the capacitors from the power supply board and from the logic board, and the weird noise is gone, but it was a pain in the ass, mostly because i have a cheap soldering iron from China, and it won't properly heat to melt the solder.

Comment

Originally posted by Antony2023 View Post
              I managed to change the capacitors from the power supply board and from the logic board, and the weird noise is gone, but it was a pain in the ass, mostly because i have a cheap soldering iron from China, and it won't properly heat to melt the solder.
              Always add some fresh solder when de-soldering the parts, it will transfer the heat a lot better.

Comment

Working...
              X