Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Name:oslo kollega
    place: norway
    first name: oslo
    pc: dell latitude e5410

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

привет всем

Comment

hello
          im maxi from germany
          im specially searching for help for macbooks and co

Comment

Hello, Tony here, working as a PC repair tech, just looking for resources here. Seems to be plenty of useful info here!

Comment

Thanks admin for accepting my request in joining this group!

Comment

Hello All,
                My Name is Rich and I'm from Garden Grove, CA.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Graham Butcher and live if Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom. I'm a fully qualified Electrical Engineer and have been in the industry all my working life apart from a couple of years when I was lorry driving for a spell.

Always had an interest in electronics and most things of a technical nature I suppose, started in my childhood with assembling plastic models and then customising them with working lights etc. When I was single and still at college I build up my little electronics lab in my bedroom and was so proud when I got my first oscilloscope, a Cossor 1035 0r was it a 1049, anyway it was a dual beam job, not a dual trace that we have today.

Then I got married and kids came along so no space left in house, so lab went, now I've retired I have time and some space so lab is being rebuild again and I love to acquire test equipment that is past its best and discarded in favour the trend for digital gear, and then try and restore it once again and have build a small collection of oscilloscopes, multimeters and radios, computers etc that I enjoy working on.

Comment

hi my name is Sunil kumar working as a digital marketer, Dont have much experience in this line want to learn more about digital marketing.

Comment

selam arkadaşlar yeni üye oldum

Comment

HI All, from the UK. Ive a small repair company, I do Laptops, Computers, Phones, Tv's any thing with a board in it really. Thanks Paul.

Comment

Good Day to all! Hello every one I'm Peter Galia a beginner 27 years old from Bohol Philippines. Thank you for letting me join this wonderful and resourceful forum. I'm a computer technician but It seems that I don't have much knowledge in motherboard level repairing. I believe this forum will help me.

Im new to this forum I don't know how to create a beginner post As I read in the rules for beginner ..

Comment

Hi all, I am a hardware service professional and I hope I can improve my knowledge with the help of the experts here. Thanks u all..

Comment

Hello everyone just following the guidelines in that first email. I am by no means an electrical guru.... Or even close I signed up to read more information about a television I am currently struggling to repair.... I appreciate this kind of atmosphere. I am however knowledgeable about hydraulics, machining, wood working, melting metal and casting, 3d printing and a little about computer programming. Im 33 live in Pennsylvania and my mission in life is to learn as much as I can about as much as I can. So here I am trying to learn more and dive deeper in the nuts and bolts of circuitry and its repair. Thanks again!!!

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm a newbie on the forum. Played with electronics quite a bit in my younger years, mostly having to do with my guitar playing (effects pedals, amp repairs, etc.). A little out of practice now but still tinker out of necessity. In the process of troubleshooting my Samsung TV and I've already got some great info from this site. Hopefully can get some more once I can post.
                                Best Regards,
                                Curranb

Comment

Hi all.

Joining after seeing https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14936827 and seeing how much content there is here.

Comment

Hello!
                                    i am trying to fix my TV...

Comment

Hi..i loved tinkering about with anything electronic since i was 10...ime in my 40's now and still tinkering but mainly with lcd tvs.its a bit like a fetish lol buti do like a challenge and i do try to bring every tv back to life and ime going to find this site soooo interesting!!!

Comment

hello,

hi there mod and friends, been hovering this forum for sometime. found that almost everyone especially the mod himself is generous with thought and ideas for a helping help. Like to join the community.

Am 40 yrs old.
                                        Been into computer since 386.
                                        A freelance pc builder for about 30yrs plus.
                                        From malaysia , u know mh370 haha.
                                        Builder pc been my hobby for so long, usually will trashed out motherboard that could not boot. since these years hanging in this forum i'm gonna pickup this new hobby of recapping mobo or replacing mosfet.

thanks guys.

Comment

Happy to find this forum! I was having my own problems with bad caps, but in guitar amps, when I stumbled across this site and read the owner's story. I liked it so much, I decided to sign up immediately!

That said... I started taking things apart at around 5 yrs old, and soldeing things by around the age of 10. Started programming a Commodore 64 at age 14, taught myself BASIC and Assembly Language, took a 3rd year computer programming course after being exempted from the first two years of classes and excelled at it. Tried to take electronics in high school, but we lost the teacher (to another school) over the summer. Went to a trade school for electronics for over 2 years for hobbyist reasons, then began to pursue programming, again. Got my first job as a software engineer with an international company in 1997. Loved it! Now I work from home, trading the stock market, learning guitar (to a large extent, via Rocksmith), and in the past 2-3 weeks, got interested in fixing some guitar amps. So, I pulled my books out & have been reading forums and watching Youtube to get grooved back into the electronics tech (it's been 24 years since I left my last electronics class & walked away from the subject). I also got myself a copy of "How to Fix Everything Electronic", by Michael Jay Geier, which has turned out to be better than reviews lead me to believe. In spite of my background, I learned enough in the first night, by searching it and reading points of interest, to pay for itself. Looking forward to fixing some things! (More details on the guitar amps have already been posted under an audio forum thread on this site.)

-Concordian

Comment

Working...
                                          X