DFI or AAmax VisionTop Mobos to stay away from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFI or AAmax VisionTop Mobos to stay away from

Need to replace a "bad cap" mobo so have been checking the forums for mobo available to me.

Can get a DFI K6X v3+/66 which has 1 AGP, 4 PCI and 3 ISA slots or

Aamax/VisionTop S7-MVP3REV.H which is similar has 1 AGP, 5 PCI and 2 ISA slots.

Both boards use Via chipsets : VT82C598MVP
    VT82C596B

So far I have not found anything beyond the very basic for each mobo. Do not know if this is good or bad?

Appreciate any user experience with either or suggestions.

Gene

Re: DFI or AAmax VisionTop Mobos to stay away from

Are these Super 7 boards? Super 7 is obsolete but if you really want to replace I would recommend the DFI as the other seems like a no-brand.
    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Chris,

Correct, they are both super 7 mobos. Did not list as Super 7 because all the Mobo databases tend to list them under socket 7.

Agree they are obsolete but the use is basic text and graphics plus I have all the other parts.

I have been searching to find out if either board has Bad CAp problems but so far nothing.

Also have not found any websites dedicated to tweaking these boards so am guessing that either not many were sold or they were not very good for overclocking.

Gene

Comment

probably not many were sold. DFI's current boards are the OC board of choice, wonder if they were like that back in the super 7 days.
        The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Working...
        X