LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

This is the patched file using python27.

Could you help me try patching it using your setup? T460.bin is the original file.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cunninghood View Post
      This is the patched file using python27.

Could you help me try patching it using your setup? T460.bin is the original file.
      your file t460 patched 32 mo
      my ori t460 patched 16mo

very weird
      I don't understand why your file is 32mb while mine of the same model (t460) is only 16mb
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Maxpower3; 08-18-2020, 02:52 AM. Reason: problem

Comment

Thank you so much. Yes this is weird, might need knucklegrumble to enlighten

Comment

Oh wait, you mean you tried to patch my original file, but it is showing 32mb too right.

Mmmmm.... I tried to patch using manual replacement of "lenovotranslate" and "bootoption", my machine can power on, but there is no display.

Comment

yes if I patch your file, it is 32mb.
            and if I take one of mine it is 16mb.
            you can try my patch file for your machine that should unlock the Password.

there is something else to modify than boot and translate for this model.
            nvram must also be cleaned up

Comment

read the original several times to be sure of your reading
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Maxpower3; 08-18-2020, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for enlightenment

How do I go about clearing the nvram?

Comment

Also other than clearing the nvram, what else do I need to do?

Comment

you have to compare the files to find out how to patch them.
                    all the keys are in the patch

Comment

If not too tough, can you guide me? If it is a cumbersome process then forget it. Appreciate ur reply

Comment

the explanation is in the discussion thread.
                        look at message # 19 and in other topics like Remove_SMM ... UEFI.

The best learning is to learn and understand on your own

read the topics and come back if you don't understand
                        Last edited by Maxpower3; 08-18-2020, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by earthoo7 View Post
                          same issue with t560 t570.
                          j'ai vu le probleme ,je vais regardé ca ,pourquoi ca fonctionne pas

I saw the problem, I'm going to look at it, why is it not working

Comment

Sorry guys I did not have time to look at your files. I'm going to test them and let you know what I come up with as soon as I can.

Comment

thank you maxpower and knucklegrumble

Comment

OK... I found the reason why your file was doubling in size.

I rewrote the cleaning step of the script and modified the process. It should work as intended now.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
                                  OK... I found the reason why your file was doubling in size.

I rewrote the cleaning step of the script and modified the process. It should work as intended now.
                                  good job thanks

Comment

Thank you!
                                    Last edited by Cunninghood; 08-18-2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Tried your script with python 2 give me error, but ok using python 3. i use windows. first attempt with locked spv password X250 success, but i need to press small button on the buttom.

Comment

Hi Knucklegrumble,

It worked on the old laptop, but I tried on another laptop, also T460, and it couldnt work again

I manually patched it already.

However, if you are interested, I have attached the bios dump of the new laptop.

That being said, really appreciate your automated file! It really saves alot of time and effort
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by martha februarini View Post
                                          Tried your script with python 2 give me error, but ok using python 3. i use windows. first attempt with locked spv password X250 success, but i need to press small button on the buttom.
                                          If I could have the script press the button for you I would... There are limits to what technology can do for now...

Comment

Working...
                                          X