lenovo flex 5 15ALC05 black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lenovo flex 5 15ALC05 black screen

hi there ,IdeaPad flex 5 15ALC05 , was going on loop , lenovo logo then off and so on, dicconected the battery then no logo any more, boots with fan on , no display, caps lock is on all the time, no recognizing external display, can it be bad bios?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-22-2022, 03:18 PM. Reason: flex 5 15ALC05

Re: lenovo flex 5 black screen

Originally posted by layad View Post
    hi there ,IdeaPad flex 5 15ALC05 , was going on loop , lenovo logo then off and so on, dicconected the battery then no logo any more, boots with fan on , no display, caps lock is on all the time, no recognizing external display, can it be bad bios?
    Here's your new file, it's the latest bios version from Lenovo. Hope it works fine.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
      Here's your new file, it's the latest bios version from Lenovo. Hope it works fine.
      you know what i never thought that this issue can be caused by the bios , but the laptop is working again, really thankful for your help

Comment

Originally posted by layad View Post
        you know what i never thought that this issue can be caused by the bios , but the laptop is working again, really thankful for your help
        You're Welcome, glad to know that.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
          Hi,

How did you extracted the bios from Lenovo's file please. I would like to do it for a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15ALC05

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by bob113313 View Post
            Hi,

How did you extracted the bios from Lenovo's file please. I would like to do it for a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15ALC05

Have a nice day.
            use the InnoExtractor program
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Re: lenovo flex 5 15ALC05 black screen

With it I can get the .cat file but I can't use it become the size is 17,4 mb and my dump is 16 mb, should I modify it ?

Comment

With it I can get the .cat file but I can't use it become the size is 17,4 mb and my dump is 16 mb, should I modify it ?
                yes...use the HxD program and cut it to size...compare with the original bios also with the HxD program and see where to start cutting..
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

I havn't any match in the beginning or in the end, is there any especial comparison method ?

Comment

I havn't any match in the beginning or in the end, is there any especial comparison method ?
                    it seems that the bios from station #2 works.. enter your bios from station #2 and the extract from the website in HxD .. look at the header of the bios.. look for it in the extract... after you find it from there down select 16MB and extract...

Comment

bios extracted from Lenovo site update
                      DMI 5EA000 - 5EA3FF
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                        I have the same issue described by @layad on that laptop: "no logo any more, boots with fan on , no display, caps lock is on all the time, no recognizing external display". I also disconnected the battery to see if any change but same: Full black screen (no light).

I suspect a BIOS corruption: Can you please explain/route me on the way to update the BIOS without screen?

Regards,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexonthenet View Post
                          Hello,
                          I have the same issue described by @layad on that laptop: "no logo any more, boots with fan on , no display, caps lock is on all the time, no recognizing external display". I also disconnected the battery to see if any change but same: Full black screen (no light).

I suspect a BIOS corruption: Can you please explain/route me on the way to update the BIOS without screen?

Regards,

Alex
                          Read this first..
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

Thanks for the links. I then will need an external programmer.

Comment

Originally Posted by- hardware1
                              Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5-15ALC05 Type (82HV)
                              Thanks

Comment

Hi
                                Please help me, I have the same problem. I updated the bios incorrectly, and the laptop only became a black screen, only the fan sound and the caps light! I am not an expert in updating bios. If possible, please provide detailed steps for me to apply in order to restore life to my device!

Comment

Originally posted by Some One View Post
                                  Hi
                                  Please help me, I have the same problem. I updated the bios incorrectly, and the laptop only became a black screen, only the fan sound and the caps light! I am not an expert in updating bios. If possible, please provide detailed steps for me to apply in order to restore life to my device!
                                  read...
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting
                                  you have to post the original bios of the laptop, the S/N, etc

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

read...
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting
                                    you have to post the original bios of the laptop, the S/N, etc
                                    I am sorry if I violated the rules of the forum, but I am new and I am in a problem and I saw this topic, which is the same problem as mine, so I asked for help. My device, Lenovo Flex 5 15ALC05, is the same device as the original topic, and I think it is the same BIOS. I updated the BIOS, but it seems that an error occurred during the update and it became... The screen is black. I found the update on the same Lenovo website. Now I don't know how to restore the device!
                                    I asked for the steps to update the BIOS for the black screen because I do not have sufficient knowledge. If this violates the rules of the forum, I apologize for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Some One View Post

I am sorry if I violated the rules of the forum, but I am new and I am in a problem and I saw this topic, which is the same problem as mine, so I asked for help. My device, Lenovo Flex 5 15ALC05, is the same device as the original topic, and I think it is the same BIOS. I updated the BIOS, but it seems that an error occurred during the update and it became... The screen is black. I found the update on the same Lenovo website. Now I don't know how to restore the device!
                                      I asked for the steps to update the BIOS for the black screen because I do not have sufficient knowledge. If this violates the rules of the forum, I apologize for that.
                                      you have to give more data about the laptop (type, S/N, etc) you can find them on the label on the case and the original content of the laptop bios which is found in the bios chip.. you need an SPI programmer to extract the content of the bios chip. ..a video as an example...
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY

Comment

Working...
                                      X