Resistor Array ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistor Array ID

Hello - I am working on a professional keyboard Korg PA800 this is the CPU board and I need a better understanding as to identifying the resistor array. the resistor array is the RA123 or 126, the resistance I am getting across the pins is 2.841,6.63,6.61,6.64,3.220 when I switch the leads around I get the reading at the same points of 3.231,6.63,6.61,6.64,2.826. My questions is two fold, first is the resistance out of tolerance , and it could be worse under load, and what would this resistor be called if I need to order another one? I know the marking 332 is a 3.3 Kohm but it is doubling after the first resistor.

I do have several of these resistors on the board, some read good ( around 3.3k Ohms) both way and others have similar reading to what I posted above.

The issue I am having is RAM memory causing sound distortion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have the SM on the unit but it does not give out any details.
    Attached Files

Re: Resistor Array ID

The service manual has your answer. Pins 5 and 10 are common to one end of the array, pins 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 are the other end of the resistor
    If you mesasure from either pin 5 or 10 to any other pin you should get 3.3k. if you measure from (ie) 1 to 2 you will measure 2 resistors in series, 6.6k.
    Last edited by R_J; 03-11-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply that makes sense. I did notice that while reviewing the manual but did not fully understand. I did re-measure and everything seems to be within 5% of 3.3 kohms. However when I swap the leads and measure I measure down to 2.8 kohms give or take. Would this mean that the resistor pack is faulty? I am seeing this on most all of this type of array, my hunch is that since they are reading about the same it is not an issue.

Comment

You are reading something else in the circuit (ie input or output of an ic etc.) The chances of those going bad is not very likely.
        Last edited by R_J; 03-11-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X